PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help me make my Hummer H2 stock again

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 03:28 PM
Default Help me make my Hummer H2 stock again

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm not overstepping here.
I got a 2006 Hummer H2 just the other day. I've been wanting one for a long time so I'm happy I'm finally driving one. The one I bought looks to be upgraded in various ways. I would like to bring it back to stock since this will be more a daily driver/family trip car that I hope to one day make diesel after I pay it off.
1. It has an aftermarket exhaust, I would like to trade it for a stock exhaust if you have one in your hummer. I'd be willing to do a one for one trade if we just both pay for shipping on our end. Or if you live in central Texas, we could even meet up and swap them somehow.
2. The thing is definitely lifted. I put new tires on it (285/70R17) that are smaller than original, and I still get 11" clearance at the front 13" in the middle and about 11" in the back. What do I need to bring this thing to a more decent height?
3. I'm selling the tires that were on the truck when I bought it. They have less than 100 miles on them and are good tires for off-roading: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...87085555368903 (I can ship but I'll have to charge you)

Thanks for the help!

Old 12-08-2018, 04:08 PM

These are some photos from the exhaust in case someone is interested.
Here is what it sounds like: Dropbox

Old 12-08-2018, 04:10 PM

Old 12-08-2018, 05:06 PM

Not sure why you would put smaller than stock tires on your h2? 285 70 17 is roughly a 33" tire. They came with a 35" tire which if i remember correct was 315 70 17. Now your speedo is going to read faster than you are actually going.

Your h2 doesnt appear to be lifted to me but not a very good angle on the pic.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Actually that exhaust looks to be all stock up to the muffler itself. Looks like someone just did from the muffler back adding on dual mufflers and some rather odd square tips out the back.

I actually have everything but the original muffler from my 2003 but shipping would be expensive as I'm in SC and not really interested in trading. Looks like you just need the muffler and pipe after that though.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:48 PM

I wanted to change the tire from what was on it when I bought it and smaller was cheaper and looked fine so I just went with it. My driveway in the picture is pretty angled, I'll get a better picture of it on the flat tomorrow.

I honestly didn't think about the speedo difference lol but I put in the online calculator just now and its like a 2 mph difference at 65 so not a big deal.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:27 AM

Yep 315 is the stock tire size (should also be notated in the drivers door jamb on a label).

Old 12-09-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by BrazilianHummerMan
I wanted to change the tire from what was on it when I bought it and smaller was cheaper and looked fine so I just went with it. My driveway in the picture is pretty angled, I'll get a better picture of it on the flat tomorrow.

I honestly didn't think about the speedo difference lol but I put in the online calculator just now and its like a 2 mph difference at 65 so not a big deal.
You realize that because you put a smaller tire on. This is why you have so much space in the wheel well.

Old 12-09-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by madmayo
You realize that because you put a smaller tire on. This is why you have so much space in the wheel well.
I understand that, but that's not what's making me think I have a lift. I test drove a few other hummers last week before buying this one and this feels higher, as well as it's more difficult to get up in it. I'm checking on the ground clearance but I'm not sure how it's measured, below each diff it's about 11", and below the center of the car it's about 13". Looking at the base specs should the middle of the truck be only 9.9"?

Old 12-09-2018, 03:01 PM

There may be a levelling kit which could give you 3" up front and 2" in the rear. That could be easily reversed adjusting the keys or getting stock ones if still not enough.

Quick Reply: Help me make my Hummer H2 stock again