PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP, H3 missfiring on all cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Default RE: HELP, H3 missfiring on all cylinders

Thanks for all of your help, I will post what happens at the dealer today.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks hummer3!

Does anybody have that VIN range handy? I can't find it in the 2342355 posts about this issue. I didn't think it would happen that late in the engine's life, but now I see I was wrong. I have 46k on mine and thought I'd be ok. ImportKiller is right. It should be covered under the drivetrain warranty anyway, which I believe is 75k miles. You should be fine.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Hey guys, the problem was with the CAM sensor, total $268. And to my surprise, they found that it did have the head job done at 30K (was I lucky). But they did tell me that if it were the head problem that itwould NOT be covered ($2700). Anyway, I decided to get the running lights in the front while it was there anyway $800, hope I made the right decision getting this done at the dealer. Getting it back tomorrow. I will have to say that I miss my Hummer, what a ride!!!

I'm also getting my chrome rear bumper tomorrow,I have to stop blowing money on this thing I just can't help it.

And again, you guys are all great!!!!!!! Thanks for all the info!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

How many miles do you have again? The CAM sensor should be covered under the drivetrain warranty if I'm correct. Can anybody verify this?

Old 11-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Here's another issue that just came into our shop this week...

tech 2 showed misfire on all 5 cyls. - tech did all the standard diag to the truck and everything checked out ok- tech called gm tech line and they directed him to the front diff - remove cover and inspect ring and pinion gears. -inspection found ring gear with heavy wear marks. gm tech line said to change ring and pinion gear and it should solve the problem. I'll know on Monday if it did since he was finishing it up last night. This one just seems VERY ODD to me!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 02:30 PM

damn....that is odd?!?!? maybe the front diff was causing such a huge bind/drag that it was bogging the motor down to the point that the plugs were fouling thus causing the miss-fire.....or just could be the dumb PCM controlled cares of today[:@]

Old 11-18-2007, 01:51 PM

That is strange, how does it idle when it is neutral? If it was the gears and in neutral would it still idle rough and what would missfiring have to do with gears.

Anyway, my warranty expired and I had to pay for this out of my pocket since I didn't get an extended warranty (dumb move on my part). I always bought them and never used it once, murphy's law!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 02:04 PM

did you call hummer corporate? I would still call and bitch....they put out a vin range cause they KNEW the problem affected those vehicles...if yours fall in that range I would threaten to go to media sources, BBB, your states AG...they extended some warrenty's to 100,000 miles because of this problem...the saying that you are out of warrenty is bullchit cause they know about the bad batch of heads that they put on these cars. I would fight like hell if I were you. chit like this from GM angers me[:@][:@]