Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Help decoding a couple codes please. (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/help-decoding-couple-codes-please-26280/)

Kdog 12-12-2011 09:25 AM

Help decoding a couple codes please.

Current code cu631

History codes cu626, cu631, u1064

I'm going to fix the air suspension so you wont need to suggest that. Just guide me the best you can knowing that and the codes. Thanks.

coachwesh2 12-12-2011 06:31 PM

the u1064 code is a loss of communication with the dim. if you are near a auto zone they will scan your codes for free . i tried to look up the other codes with no luck. so i would go to them to get scanned for free. if all else fails i will have the codes by tomorrow night . we have a all data system that will give me the codes. so good luck with the auto zone thing.

Kdog 12-12-2011 08:20 PM

Advance and o'reilly's are here and I went to both. There scanners wont pull a chassis code so this is from a local guy who charged me 10 bucks. The dealers wanted 98 and 94. If you find out let me know. If all else fails, I will go to the dealer. I may have went today but they wanted me to make an appointment and I didn't see why I couldn't just pull in for them to take 5 minutes to plug it up and tell me. I guess so they can scare me into letting them repair it.

Also, if you are looking for codes starting with cu and don't see them, look for co. My handwriting was not too good trying to keep up with the guy spouting off codes. Thanks a bunch.

Mark R 12-13-2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kdog (Post 266465)
Current code cu631

History codes cu626, cu631, u1064

I'm going to fix the air suspension so you wont need to suggest that. Just guide me the best you can knowing that and the codes. Thanks.

My Book says "OBII"

"CO631" RR Position Sensor Range / Performance

CO626...LR Position Sensor Range / Performance

U1064....Lost Cummunications with Body Multiple Conrtrol System

Kdog 12-13-2011 08:05 PM

Thanks Mark.

coachwesh2 12-13-2011 08:32 PM

thats what i got as well . after i changed it to co instead of cu lol. it seems you still have an air ride problem.

Kdog 12-14-2011 04:39 AM

Not trying to be a bother but now that we have the code co631, is that something you can adjust or is it something I have to replace? Is that the ride height sensor? Sorry for not knowing too much. My first h2 didn't have the air suspension.

Mark R 12-14-2011 11:19 AM

You could probably replace the sensor yourself ..but from what I understad from the dealer is that their is a special set up gauge to align the sensor for proper operation left and right.

It sets the factory height...so just bolting it on will not give you proper Left/right height setting with out the special gauge that they use. Those sensors talk to the air ride computer and the voltage setting is critical from the sensors.

After I got wacked in the bumper cap and spun around a few months back...part of the repair was a complete alignment and Air Ride recalibraition.

If you set it wrong you could end up with a Cock-Eyed Rig And cause the compressor to over run ..burning it out.