PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! With A/C issue.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Default Help! With A/C issue.......

Hey everyone i have a 97.5 H1 wagon and approx. 3 years ago did a new engine install, new compressor and changed the rear A/C unit. Ever since the rear unit was changed i smell coolant. Mechanic said some spilled in the compartment but i still smell it when you turn on the a/c or heat. Now i also have a big freon leak which we are trouble shooting. Put in 3 cans with die and hours later cold air was gone! But light shows only very small leak on top compressor. Wondering if i have a leak at the rear unit? I have several things going on but not sure if any of this relates to above issues. I have water not coolant drainage on the passenger floor compartment but the drain hose is broken at that point. I tried repairing to no avail. It smells like plain water. But i also noticed when i shut the truck off that water almost pours out under the passenger wheel well. I looked at the a/c hoses which are all bundled there and wrapped in heat shielding are soaked and cant see much with them all wrapped. I dont feel any water coming down from the heater core hoses and none coming down from the rear unit. Are these hoses supposed to sweat off that much? None of the lines are froze up so im wondering if i have a leaking hose. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!