PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hello All!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Thumbs up Hello All!

I have been gathering a lot of good info on H3's through this forum over the past few weeks and have finally purchased one. It is an auto 09 black base model with red / dark slate colored interior. The current offers and discounts available make these guys hard to pass for what you get = an out of the box very capable off road performer with the addition of great on road manners. One test drive off road sealed the deal making me a true believer in the product! I hope to soon add to the valuable wealth of useful info that this forum has to offer. I will post a few pictures of the new addition once I have installed the accessories that are currently on order. Thanks all! -JC

Old 08-08-2009, 11:12 AM

Welcome....looking forward to the pics

Mike

Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 AM
JAM

welcome!

Old 08-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats and Welcome. Now go get some tires.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:28 AM

Welcome aboard! Also have an 09. Great vehicles and yes the incentives make it hard to not want a new one.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:11 AM

Just remember the H3 is a great off road vehicle but the factory tires will limit what you can do. You can get stuck very quickly with standard tires so just know this is the limiting thing for serious off road use. The first time I took our H3 off road I was buried to the axle within seconds and needed to be pulled out. Then took me 4 hours to clean the vehicle of mud. So lesson learned and now laugh at the experience. It is pretty much my wife's vehicle so std tires will remain! She asked for H3 Chrome accessories for her birthday!

Last edited by Pilot; 08-09-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions. I am currently looking into a new tire and wheel set up combo. I really like the looks of and am considering the black Moto Metal MO951's with a set of Cepek Crusher all terrain tires for a real off road pounding. Any one have an opinion on these, or should I say, is there anything better for a weekend bashing with good weekly on road drivability? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. -JC

Old 08-10-2009, 12:11 AM

I have an 07' with the stock 265's. My thought on the tires is an all terrain 285\295 with a torsion lift. However, I would keep my original set for the city\highway and use the off road package for those special weekends and holidays. My .02 Good luck and welcome. Will look for the pics.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 PM

If your dealer (or another dealer in you area) holds off-road driving events, take advantage of the training that they offer. Hummer's Single Wheel electronic traction control system requires a totally different off-road driving technique than traditional locker systems.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 AM

Don't use the moto metal rims, trust me. I had the 951's in chrome and one got bent out of shape from offroading and had to be replaced and another cracked on and gave me a flat while driving. And the hubcaps are extremely cheap plastic that chips. Trust me go with a different brand rim.

Quick Reply: Hello All!