PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

heater vents, and cruise problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Default heater vents, and cruise problems

New H2 owner here ! Just bought an 05 H2 little over a month ago. Its just out of warranty and im having a few small problems.

The cruise dosent work at all, and sometimes the heated seats work and sometimes they dont, the heater/AC vents wont swap from the floorboard to the upper vents and only blows hot air at times, then the next day it all works fine, other than the curise. Iv checked the fuses and cant find any that are blown. And at random the DIC will display "service 4WD" but the 4WD works fine. Any tips ?????? I have talked to a dealer about buying an extended warranty, its only got 36,100 miles on it.

Thanks,
Jason.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Default RE: heater vents, and cruise problems

Take it in see what they have to say

Old 01-07-2008, 08:41 AM

guess im gonna have to. any sugestions on an extended warranty ?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Lots of misc items that don't seem related. My 03 H2 had the vent issue but it was under warranty. I would have to pull the ticket to see what they did and I gave my receipts up when I got rid of the truck. Seems like there was a baffle in the vent system that wasn't opening properly. If you have Onstar you can have them run a diagnostic if you are getting that level of service ( $16/mo I think ) They could tell you what the DIC code is for.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:24 PM

My 04 hummer started having similer issues. Since 34,000 miles I have had issues with:

4WD lights/ DIC codes (4wd works fine) never found the reason
Driver Power seat front control stopped working (works now, never had it fixed)?
Clunk from the drive train (Dealer could not replicate so also never fixed)
Seat heaters cut off for no reason.
Windshield wipers only work on high (will take it back to the dealer, probably BCM issues)

These are just the irritating things that have popped up in the last 6000 miles. I know alot of you folks love your Hummers, but these things are NOT built well. GM needs to FIRE their Quality control group as a whole. EVERY GM utilizes the same crappy parts / designs, My folks are bow tie junkies and pretty much all they have bought for the last 40 to 50 years is GM. They are now quite disappointed in the CRAPPY products coming out of GM, and the Hummer is bottom of the barrel. They need to higher some Toyota folks...

Sorry, I guess I should have kept my rant to myself...[&o]

Old 01-17-2008, 09:32 PM

To each his/her own .. have had my -03 pushin' 5 years now and never had an issue .. I've beat the hell out of it too .. still no issues .. I think I need a belt replaced though, piece of crap vehicle ... hehehehehe...

Troll alert folks! ..

Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

My H2 was a dream vehicle. Almost no issues with the truck in 50K miles. Build enough of something and a few won't be up to standards. My partner got a new 745 BMW when they first came out. Worst car I ever saw. They could make the computer system on the car work, window trim popped off, tranny issues...Car spent 3 0f the first 6 months in the shop. I know BMW makes a great car but this one was a POS.