PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Heated seats have the worst switch of any car

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Default RE: Heated seats have the worst switch of any car

ORIGINAL: importkiller

who would of thought 20 years ago that one day people would be bitchin about heated seats...in their cars!! Good lord.
So true... I'll weigh in on the defense here - I've heard people complain about the seat coming on inadvertantly. That's never happened to me or the wifey. We both love the toggle switch because in the winter, you can just switch it to on and leave it there all winter. You don't have to turn the seats on EVERY time you get in the car all winter long... For the passenger seat, it only turns on when someone's in the seat (with seatbelt buckled), so there's no worries about it being on when no one's in the seat.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:34 PM

Yes, they are oddly placed, but i'm so use to it now that it doesn't bother me anymore. I just take my hand and make sure it's in the center position.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:41 PM

The spot were the put them sucks! They could have spent a extra 5 cents on wire and put them were the 2 blanks are below the radio between the power points ! and everyone would be happy!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:01 AM

They could've moved them to the center console area, when the H3 goes thru a re-design I'm sure they'll address this issue.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Don't have em, don't need em, don't know what yer beechin bout? [8D]

Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 PM

The realy fun thiing is when this happens:

My seats are Black Leather.
On a Hot day, after leaving the truck parked and direct sun on the seats, When I first seat in the car I allways have to double check the heat switch to make sure it's in the center position.

I love my H3, it's my first HUMMER ever and the best SUV I ever had.

So I dont let these petty issues bother me.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:35 PM

I'll just say this- I can do w/o heated seats. I'm never that cold. My wife loves them. Anyway, the H3 I wanted had them, so, whatever...
In regards to the placement, yes, it sucks. But even worse- the operation of the switch itselfis horrible. Numerous times, getting in, or after washing the H3 and cleaning the interior, I must inadvertantly hit the switch. I had a friend with me a few weeks ago, and after we're out for a good 20 min or so, he's saying the seat is really hot. Then when you try to get the switch back to the middle/off position, it's a pain in the ***.
I'm not one to pick on petty little issues, by holy jeez, it's no wonder people still rag on american auto quality so much.