PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Customization

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Question Headlight Customization

I am new here, so Hello Everyone!
I have built a few custom cars in the past. Taking factory pieces from other vehicles is a common practice. So I was wondering if anyone has tried to take a custom Jeep headlight or motorcycle headlight and fit it into the hummer H3, H3T in my case headlight housing? The jeep light is 7" round, many motorcycle headlights are 7" round, and the reflective bulb shrouding within the headlight is also 7" round. I have seen Starr's headlights and $800 plus shipping is on the high side for me, for a plain projector headlight. Retrofitting an OEM HID system is another option but those headlights are not cheap either, just to tare them apart. Ive seen the retrofit kits and heard horror stories about them. (even disassembling them to "fix" known issues before install).

So has anyone tried to create a custom headlight from a custom off the shelf 7" round headlight? or Has info about a very reliable solution?
(In my 30s I have no patience for unreliability...LOL)

Old 05-04-2014, 09:08 PM

I went with the STARR HID headlight kit, could not be happier

Old 05-08-2014, 11:56 AM

I wish the $tarr kits were a little more affordable.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:29 PM

The H2 headlight is 7'. I retroed the FX-R 3'' from retrofit hid into them. It will out do anything out there! For just over 400$, I received the wiring harness, projectors w/ lenses, bulbs (CBI), shrouds and all the hardware. A little can do plus some know how and your Hummer is Golden!! The retro took around 5 hours, but was well worth it! I recommend doing your home work.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by White Wolf
I wish the $tarr kits were a little more affordable.
You get what you pay for.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:22 AM

If any of you want the Starr HID kits, I'm doing a group buy on them.... if you guys want more information let me know.... The more people that want them the cheaper they will be.... So who wants in?

Old 05-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Default Hmmmmm Verry Interesting

Depending upon the discount, I am interested.

Thanx

Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 AM

Hi, White Wolf
The discount depends on the the number units bought.... If i find 3 more people they would be about $695, So if you know anyone that might want them spread the word, can be any kit the make .... The more the cheaper they get...... These are the best lights out there and DOT approved for use in the US ans Canada

Old 05-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Default Suggestion

Just a suggestion. You might want to open the thread with the title of starr lighting group buy (save $$). I know many on this site who want the starr set-up, however they are not going to bone up $700.00. I would also get an agreement from them on what the cost is based on some number of people that we get. What if we get 5 to 7 seven people?

Thanx for getting this started

Old 05-17-2014, 04:25 PM

I might be interested in the group buy as well. guess it depends on when the deadline is

Quick Reply: Headlight Customization