PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you removed the visor safety stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:56 AM
Default RE: Have you removed the visor safety stickers?

Thanks D. Vader.

It starting to seem like all the H3 owners are still riding around with their warning labels on their H3 visors. My visor is cloth. I can't even feel an edge to my warning "labels", so I am wondering if it isn't even a label. That is, maybe there isn't any adhesive, so adhesive removers, heat, etc. won't have any affect on it (other than maybe ruin the visor).

As the warnings are a NHTSA requirement, I am curious if other countries have the same requirement. If not, then the South African H3s for the non-U.S. markets may have "virgin" visors which we could order.

Here are some South African H3s for the UK market:
http://www.worldcarfans.com/2070319....-introduced-uk
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hummer-H3-RIGH...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-08-2007, 05:01 AM

i wonder what that visor will look like after you take it off,i would think it would have some kind of imprint left in the cloth

Old 10-08-2007, 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: hilljob26

i wonder what that visor will look like after you take it off,i would think it would have some kind of imprint left in the cloth
Maybe re-read my post. It's air brushed multi-layer paint. Here's the before and after on the left and right on a CTS.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:30 AM

D.Vader, any reason you didn't try it on your cloth H3 sun visors? Did you eventually do the driver side vinyl visor in this other GM vehicle?

Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: mountainbiker

D.Vader, any reason you didn't try it on your cloth H3 sun visors? Did you eventually do the driver side vinyl visor in this other GM vehicle?
Yes on both sides of the CTS.

I'm a bit reluctant as the materials are different. The H3 material seems porous and I'm not sure what might happen if the Goof-Off pentatrates the material. You might not be able to remove it.

I wonder what it might cost to reuphostery the visor sans the decal?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:45 AM

I definetly would not try goof off on the cloth visors, it will stain. The paint will bleed further into the fabric and look like crap. Vinyl wouldn't have this problem. As much as I want to get rid of those things it looks like I'm stuck with them[&:]

Old 10-08-2007, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: mfish

I definetly would not try goof off on the cloth visors, it will stain. The paint will bleed further into the fabric and look like crap. Vinyl wouldn't have this problem. As much as I want to get rid of those things it looks like I'm stuck with them[&:]
Is the bleeding a fact or your opinion. Is the fabric really cloth?

Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

I'm not sure if the fabricis natural or synthetic..it kinda feels like a nylon/cotton blend??

As for the bleeding, that would be my professional ( chemical engineer ) opinion..I could be wrong but I dont want to be the guinea pig who finds out

If anybody else wants to try it I say go for it!!

Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 PM

I'm not sure if the fabricis natural or synthetic..it kinda feels like a nylon/cotton blend??

As for the bleeding, that would be my professional ( chemical engineer ) opinion..I could be wrong but I dont want to be the guinea pig who finds out

If anybody else wants to try it I say go for it!!
Yep, and we don't know whats behind the fabric either.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: hilljob26

Maybe re-read my post. It's air brushed multi-layer paint. Here's the before and after on the left and right on a CTS.

sorry,i guess i didnt understand,i thought you were saying it is a sticker that is multilayered,not something that is just painted on,or maybe im still confused........i think ill have another beer

Quick Reply: Have you removed the visor safety stickers?