PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h3t lug nuts

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Default h3t lug nuts

i have a 06 h3 and bought the stock green rims and tires for an h3t from a guy a while back.
I went to install them the other day and found that the centre caps would not fit over the lug nuts from my 06 as it kind of looks like they need a ring or something around the saft of the nut, came to the conclusion the lug nuts from the h3t must be different. Tried to get info from the hummer dealer and they cant do a thing unless i have the serial number of the h3t that they came off of. Not like the old days just flip a few pages in the parts book. I,m wondering if anyone else has this problem. I liked the h3t stock rims as they are the same color as my 06 h3.
Any help would be apreciated
Noel

Old 11-02-2010, 11:40 AM

pawnit, let me know what you have come up with. I now have that same issue.

Thanks.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 PM

I had two broken lugs on the passenger front tire of my 09 T. Local GM dealers had neither the lugs or the lug nuts in stock. I went to a local tire shop, they ordered the parts and had them in stock a half a day sooner than either of the GM dealerships said they could have them by . The shop that did my mods and lift swapped my stock nuts for the spline nuts that came with my wheels and didn't tell me or give me the old ones. Found out when I went for a rotation/balance at GM, they also had no spline socket , "You don't have a what? I've got what kind of nuts on there??" LOL. The spline nut allows for a better socket fit on my wheels but switched back as I would rather not have to keep track of an extra part for a tire change. Glad I found out at the shop and not on the side of the road or trail, lol.