PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3T Alpha torque converter or transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Default Ignition Coil

The ignition coil was shot!!! I guess that would make a difference! They've got a new one coming and should be in on Tuesday next week. I'm driving a crappie loner until its fixed though........ so be it! Also they are having a new box liner installed, I guess the original one was made to thin, so the new one is much thicker and suppose to withstand the heat better and not warp.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Default What kind of muffler? Did you do the cat back?

Originally Posted by CMNSTER
I think a shift kit in the tranny would fix everything. Also after I put a new muffler on it made way more power for a low dollar mod

Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by mango
The ignition coil was shot!!! I guess that would make a difference! They've got a new one coming and should be in on Tuesday next week. I'm driving a crappie loner until its fixed though........ so be it! Also they are having a new box liner installed, I guess the original one was made to thin, so the new one is much thicker and suppose to withstand the heat better and not warp.
When you go back ask them if you should start using the local Chevy dealership for service instead of them. They should have found the coil issue on day 1. My guess is they did not even look because they had tunnel vision on the tranny simply because you said thats what it was. Although you might know cars, you are not a mechanic. They should have only taken your thoughts and used them as a starting point as a place to look, not as the item to prove wrong and deny service for.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Default re

I went with magnaflow check older posts

Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by H3Tex
When you go back ask them if you should start using the local Chevy dealership for service instead of them. They should have found the coil issue on day 1. My guess is they did not even look because they had tunnel vision on the tranny simply because you said thats what it was. Although you might know cars, you are not a mechanic. They should have only taken your thoughts and used them as a starting point as a place to look, not as the item to prove wrong and deny service for.
I agree. He also did mention poor throttle response, which is directly related to fuel and/or ignition. Not a sign of a well run service bay.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by BajaH3T
I agree. He also did mention poor throttle response, which is directly related to fuel and/or ignition. Not a sign of a well run service bay.
well 99% of Air/Fuel mixture problems are ignition

Old 06-03-2009, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by canuckZr2
well 99% of Air/Fuel mixture problems are ignition
And the other 1% must be the injectors, O2 Sensors, Throttle body, fuel pump, PCM, and the CATS.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 PM

Just got it back after a week and a half in the dealership! Funny thing...... I got in and took it for a boot around the block near the dealership and it did the exact same thing it did before the coil was replaced. Went back immediately and got the shop foreman to go for a drive with me, before we left he plugged his diagnostic computer and got no improper readings, we left, drove for about 10 min and nothing happened. Anyway it drives pretty good now, the bad shifting is gone, and the hwy acceleration is quite satisfactory. I still feel there is a bit of lag at different times, but nothing really to worry about, nice to have it back after driving a crappie loaner. They also put in a new box liner, suppose to be thicker material so it won't swell in the sun........... we'll see!
Now the lift can go on and the 35's!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 AM

MORE PROBLEMS!!!!!!! Its acting up again...... doing the same thing all over again! Got another appointment on Tuesday and I've got a half an hour drive along with one of the tech's! Hope they can figure it out, I want to start enjoying this machine!

Old 06-21-2009, 06:21 PM

I think I'm experiencing the same issue, mine started right after I installed the Volant CAI... Did you get any answers yet from the dealer??

Quick Reply: H3T Alpha torque converter or transmission problem?