PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3T adios

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Default H3T adios

The price of gas is down... still high, but lower than it has been in awhile... I have noticed that when the price of gas is high, the price of Hummers is low... and when the price of gas is low, the price of Hummers is pretty darned good... so I took the opportunity to visit my local dealer... Sewell Cadillac in Dallas... and see what they would give on my 2009 H3T. Sewell sold my Hummer new and has performed all service, so they had all the records... and the vehicle was immaculate.

I recently remarried and have a need for a family-type daily driver that gets better than the Hummer's 29 mpg... that's 13 in the City and 16 on the highway. Sewell has never disappointed me... best dealer experience ever... and they again exceeded expectations and bought my H3T for $29,300.

Then, as they processed the deal, one of the salesmen noticed my lust for a diamond black CTS-V wagon that was loaded. He got the keys and told me to take it for a 15-to-20-minute drive while they did the paperwork on the Hummer. Imagine the pain when I pulled out of Sewell's lot that a Dallas police officer immediately pasted himself on the rear bumper... it was a 35 mph zone... and followed me for most of my joy ride... I did a u-turn and headed back to the dealer and another Dallas officer then pulled up alongside... gave me the thumbs up, and then pulled behind me.

Imagine sitting in the captain's chair of the Star Ship Enterprise and you aren't allowed to test out warp speed... really frustrating ! But, what an awesome vehicle... the exhaust note is music.

The dealer knows I have the two Camaros in the sig below... and they know each is perfect and low miles like the H3T... and offered to work a deal... three for one. I thought for a moment... swallowed hard... and said NO... I really enjoy the twin Camaros and I don't want to come home and give the new wife a heart attack.

So, today I am a very happy man... I still have the two Camaros... the Hummer is gone... the wife and I are still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship... and I now have a great little "family" car in the fleet from Sewell... a 2012 Cadillac SRX.

I can't get that CTS-V out of my mind... a little more practical than the Camaro ZL1 for me... ha ha... I got to laugh... CTS-V, ZL1 and "practical" in the same sentence... isn't life good ?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM

Sorry too hear that you got rid of your Hummer.. Guess its time to delete it out of your sig, unless your planning on buying another...

Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you got what you needed but hate to see the T go.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pappibri
Sorry too hear that you got rid of your Hummer.. Guess its time to delete it out of your sig, unless your planning on buying another...
Left the H3T in the sig... at least for now. I miss it already !

Old 06-19-2012, 08:39 PM

H3T is a one of a kind, sorry to hear you got rid of it

tis better to have owned and sold, than to have never owned at all

Old 06-20-2012, 06:33 PM

Sorry to here it go... In 10 years I will be on the Silver Diner circuit with mine.... Free coffee, biscuits & gravy