PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h3 wants to die shortly after started

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 05:08 AM
Default h3 wants to die shortly after started

anyone else have this issue? It only happens on a cold start. Usually in the morning or after a work shift. starts up fine but wants to die and shakes / slows right after started. IT stops when i give it some gas and start driving...i took it to a GM dealership and they had my car for 2-1/2 weeks before they told me they couldn't figure it out. No codes/lights on...

Old 08-10-2018, 07:21 AM
Cool

Clean your MAF and throttle body. Plenty of threads on this subject. Not sure this is the issue but it's a good start,

Old 08-10-2018, 08:11 AM

Get a different dealer cuz that one apparently does not know what they are doing and if they charged ya and kept it for two weeks and could not even so much as diagnose it then they are just ripping you off. Do what the above post said. If you read the threads on here about it, it really is super easy. Just be careful with the butterfly valve if ya move it. I’m not super mechanically enclined but I followed the directions on this site and watched a YouTube vid and did mine about a year ago. Still runs great to this day and idles like a dream. (Almost 93k miles on my 2006) if ya got money to burn just replace both MAF and Throttle Body instead of cleaning them and it will be even easier. Good luck!

Old 08-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by h3hummerguy
anyone else have this issue? It only happens on a cold start. Usually in the morning or after a work shift. starts up fine but wants to die and shakes / slows right after started. IT stops when i give it some gas and start driving...i took it to a GM dealership and they had my car for 2-1/2 weeks before they told me they couldn't figure it out. No codes/lights on...
Year, Model and Miles should always be included in every tech/trouble shooting question.

A GM dealer is the last place on earth to take a car to for anything other than warranty work.

All fuel injected vehicles need to clean both the MAF and TB every 30-50K miles. When was the last time yours was done?

Old 10-01-2018, 08:06 AM

I'm havingbthe same problem I can't figure it out. Have you had any luck yet?

Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Twisted sisal
I'm havingbthe same problem I can't figure it out. Have you had any luck yet?
Moved this for you to the same question posted in the H3 section.

Take a look at: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...what-do-33916/