PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Default H3 Supercharger

Hi guys, I have not posted on here for years as I have not done any mods to my H3 for years.
I finally pulled the trigger on a Walkinshaw Racing supercharger kit, I thought these kit were no longer available until I found one on Gumtree, it is now fitted and at the Dyno shop being tuned.
We did a dyno run before I fitted the kit and had 119hp at the wheels, I will pick it up next week to find out the HP increase.

Attached Thumbnails H3 Supercharger-image.jpg  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 AM

Sorry I don't know why the photo is upside down, it was the right way up in my photo file.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 AM

More and more guys are popping up with superchargers for the I5. How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? Looks awesome!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:31 AM

Yeah, Id like to know as well. The I5 can be a little embarrassing at times especially going up hills ans such.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stubbsy
Hi guys, I have not posted on here for years as I have not done any mods to my H3 for years.
I finally pulled the trigger on a Walkinshaw Racing supercharger kit, I thought these kit were no longer available until I found one on Gumtree, it is now fitted and at the Dyno shop being tuned.
We did a dyno run before I fitted the kit and had 119hp at the wheels, I will pick it up next week to find out the HP increase.
I don't know who did your dyno run, but 119hp at the wheels (awhp) is way off, a bone stock 3.7 L on 33" tires is 168-170 all day long every day?

Old 05-14-2013, 11:59 AM

All up it will owe me about $8k including the tune, these kits were about $13k AUD a few years ago.
The dyno was just a quick run to approx 100kph to get an idea of wheel HP, Hummer claim 180kw and 328nm, this kit claims to take it to 300kw and 500nm. I run 22" wheels with 305/40/22 tyres apparently that does not help the HP at the wheels.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:37 PM

Its finished and Im impressed with the results, you can spin the wheels off the lights and set off the traction control, the engine runs smooth just like before but when you hit the loud pedal the power increase is amazing. I did a couple of quick 0-100kph runs using the stop watch on a mobile phone and got just over 6.5 sec compaired to 10.7 for a stocker. The power went from 119 to 209 at the wheels (KW) I think, thats about a 75% increase.
Not sure on the fuel consumption as every time I drive it I cant help flooring it to hear that whistle sound and feel the acceleration.

Attached Thumbnails H3 Supercharger-hummer-008.jpg   H3 Supercharger-hummer-009.jpg   H3 Supercharger-hummer-010.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 PM

Here are a couple more photos, I did a brake disc upgrade from R1 Concepts and painted the calipers, "yes this is a tarmac princess" so dont go too hard on me.

Attached Thumbnails H3 Supercharger-hummer-005.jpg   H3 Supercharger-hummer-001.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 10:14 PM

Would be nice to have that kind of money laying around. I doubt I would spend it on a supercharger but I'm sure its a blast having that power as compared to what comes stock.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by stubbsy
Its finished and Im impressed with the results, you can spin the wheels off the lights and set off the traction control, the engine runs smooth just like before but when you hit the loud pedal the power increase is amazing. I did a couple of quick 0-100kph runs using the stop watch on a mobile phone and got just over 6.5 sec compaired to 10.7 for a stocker. The power went from 119 to 209 at the wheels (KW) I think, thats about a 75% increase.
Not sure on the fuel consumption as every time I drive it I cant help flooring it to hear that whistle sound and feel the acceleration.
Glad to hear things are working well and you're happy with the results. It seems like a very straightforward installation. When you were running on the dyno did they log the AFRs? I'd be interested to see what they are throughout the curve. I'd also be interested in multiple runs and comparing the numbers after heat soak because I noticed this system does not use an intercooler.

I did a supercharger system on my CLK and love it, but there were a lot of fine details to tune out after the initial install, I rarely drive it during the day in the hottest of the summer months here because even with a vented hood & a large HE it still gets heat soaked & slushy.

Again, glad to hear things are working out with your install & look forward to reading more of your posts about it.

Quick Reply: H3 Supercharger