PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Side Lamp DRL Fuse (Rhill help :D)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Default H3 Side Lamp DRL Fuse (Rhill help :D)

Rhill I know you did this with your truck. I was wondering how you turn off the DRL side lamps. It gets really annoying having to manually shut it off every time I start the truck. I pulled the fuse for the parking lamps, and I was wondering which fuse controls the DRLs

NO RTFMs because I did and couldnt find anything.

Thanks
Ryan

Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Default RE: H3 Side Lamp DRL Fuse (Rhill help :D)

I pulled fuse #39, not going to say RTFM LOL. It's not going to tell you how to turn them off since all cars are SUPPOSED to have DRL's now. But look at it again and make sure that you are pulling the right fuse. the 07/08's have headlamp DRL's, yours are the turn signal ambers. Might be a differenct fuse, then make sure that you didn't disable your turn signals. Should have one listed for the DRL's. (wonder if I could say DRL a few more times)

Let me know what you find

Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Why do you hate the DRL's so much? If I didn;t have DRL's I would have my headlights on like I do in my work truck....

Not trying to start anything with anybody.... and I'll start a "Why do you hate your DRL's" thread if wanted

Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 PM

I just don't like them. You're not offending me with the question. I personally don't like spending all the time and money trying to "black out" everything to have it polluted with lights during the day.

Besides, my paranoid butt is watching so much around me on the road (motorcycle/Army habit I think) that they aren't doing much for me anyway. Not saying that accidents don't happen, but...

Old 05-03-2008, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I pulled fuse #39, not going to say RTFM LOL. It's not going to tell you how to turn them off since all cars are SUPPOSED to have DRL's now. But look at it again and make sure that you are pulling the right fuse. the 07/08's have headlamp DRL's, yours are the turn signal ambers. Might be a differenct fuse, then make sure that you didn't disable your turn signals. Should have one listed for the DRL's. (wonder if I could say DRL a few more times)

Let me know what you find
So when I opened her up there was no fuse 39 [&:]
The fuse box said "Reduced Intensity DRLs" in slot 39, however there literally was no fuse there

And yeah I'm trying to pull the amber DRL lights without losing my turn signals

Old 05-03-2008, 08:20 PM

I'm not sure then, I can't check obviously. Maybe there is someone else here with the 06 that has done it. Sorry