PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Side Air Bags Deployed for No Reason

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Question H3 Side Air Bags Deployed for No Reason

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and I am from Perth, Australia. I bought a used 2009 H3 7 weeks ago travelled only around 64 ks. I had a transmission problem in third week after buying. Now it has blasted Side Air Bags for no good reason, as I was driving normal. Lucky did not die... of course that's why writing this post....

Can anybody share his/her experience if similar. Please advice me what I should do as the dealer is refusing to fix it, even if it is still under statuary warranty... don't know what to do....

Old 06-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Do a search on the different Hummer forums, including this one. GM has an air bag deployment problem.they will tell you you are the only one, must have been doing something crazy, etc. this has happened way too much. File a claim with the NHTSB. Get the GM regional service advisor involved and call corporate. We're you injured? Hearing loss? There are numerous threads on this on all the forums. GM usually winds up fixing it but you will have to fight to get them to do it.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:05 AM

X2 on EVERYTHING 3hummers said. NHTSB, GM regional Service Manager, call GM and report ANY injuries no matter how small to all of them.

Ours blew while OffRoad and GM said they had to have some guy "read the black box codes".

After all was said and done GM would NOT cover it but as luck would have it my insurance did. They paid the $3000+ tab for the replacement parts and installation.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:57 PM

you may have greater success with gm now that they've had all these recalls and investigations. if not I would not hesitate to get a local news involved, gm should step up in no time then, they cannot afford much more bad press with serious safety issues.