PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 ride like a Cadillac . . .?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Default H3 ride like a Cadillac . . .?

So, if I wanted a Cadillac I should have purchased one. I know this. However, I sold a Cadillac to buy the H3. Regardless, I've ridden in an air-bagged Tahoe on 24's that rode like a Phantom.

For all you mechanically educated geniuses, what's needed to make an H3 ride like a Cadillac? They're both automobiles, so they should both have the posibillity of riding like one another. Isn't it all just parts?

Anyone have any worthy input they can share? Much appreciated.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:44 AM

go back to a caddy. why sissify a hummer? it's an off road truck. were you lied to by the dealer? sue them. sorry if i hurt your feeling.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by SCOT
go back to a caddy. why sissify a hummer? it's an off road truck. were you lied to by the dealer? sue them. sorry if i hurt your feeling.
Exactly!! I love the road feel and handling of my H3, even with the torsion bars adusted.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:44 PM

I doubt you could hurt my feelings. And I don't really care about my H3 being manly. I didn't buy it for the off-road capability. I went off-roading once. Never do it again.

Like I said, anyone with worthy input regarding the aforementioned inquiry?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by hollywould
I doubt you could hurt my feelings. And I don't really care about my H3 being manly. I didn't buy it for the off-road capability. I went off-roading once. Never do it again.

Like I said, anyone with worthy input regarding the aforementioned inquiry?

Drop kit would give you a nice FIRM ride, then for an H3, go for 20" low-pro's!!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 AM

i see now your a girl, that needs a i am sucessful big rig. in that case id lower it to the ground and put the thinnest bands o rubber you can find imo. it'll ride like a caddy in no time. did you find out that you owe more than your hummers worth and couldnt get the caddy?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:04 AM

I am guessing you had an Escalade...? You should look in changing the shoes (rims & tires) on the 3 and you will start feeling some affects right away. Do you have the Regular 3 or the Adventure Package 3?

Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 AM

Wow Scot you're being kinda tough on Hollywould.
How do you know this is a female? It's not in the profile.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by hollywould
So, if I wanted a Cadillac I should have purchased one. I know this. However, I sold a Cadillac to buy the H3. Regardless, I've ridden in an air-bagged Tahoe on 24's that rode like a Phantom.

For all you mechanically educated geniuses, what's needed to make an H3 ride like a Cadillac? They're both automobiles, so they should both have the posibillity of riding like one another. Isn't it all just parts?

Anyone have any worthy input they can share? Much appreciated.
You kinda answered your own question. Your dealing with 2 Completely different trucks. Caddy..luxury..chassis is tuned for that. H3..Off Road..hence the chassis tuned for that. If you want your H3 to ride like a Caddy, I suggest you spend 6K and have your H3 converted to airride. Theres, more then "just parts" that you will need but currently no one makes bolt on air ride control arms for the H3.

I'm not going to pass judgement on you as these trucks are bought for serveral different reasons. My H3 will "NEVER" see the off road, better yet find it here in Houston the concrete capital..lol. So mine rides on 24's,leather, nav..the whole nine. Others enjoy going off road so they build their H3 for that, im not here to judge them or make crazy comments about that "lifestyle". We all bought our H3's to suit OUR lifestyle so hope this helps ya out. If you need more info on the airride for your H3 i can help ya out

Old 05-10-2009, 01:24 PM

White08H3 - Actually, always drove DeVilles. For me, the Escalades are just too big. Which is why I went with the H3. More manageable. And I'm an enormous fan of the lines on this vehicle. Very sharp and pronounced. I suppose I should change out the shoes. As of now, I have 20" rims with a Nitto Terra Grappler wheel. Rides like a tank, sounds like a tank. Which is why I was posted this thread. That type of ride is not ideal for ME. However, it came with that setup. I'd prefer 22"s. But I hear the wheel on a 22" (45 max) is less forgiving. I figured I could account for that less forgiving ride by switching it up with an air ride suspension, but am unfamiliar if a 4WD vehicle can accommodate a bagged suspension.

D VADER - No worries. Impetous ignorance is hardly a virtue.

HummBob - Love that H2 of yours. Very classy. I definitely like the lowered look. Not so much the feel. When you say "firm", does that mean "feel every little bump, but has excellent handling"?

Quick Reply: H3 ride like a Cadillac . . .?