PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 reliability and overall ownership

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 reliability and overall ownership

Welcome to the forum intensity. Several of my employees have had/have Land/Range Rovers. One is on his second one. The others have said they will never have another. Maybe quality will improve under Tata/

Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 AM

Hey Intensity!!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:05 AM

We own a couple of Range Rovers as well as an H3 and the service you receive at the Hummer dealership doesn't compare to that of the Land Rover dealership(At least here locally.) I can't even get anyone to call me back on a part we ordered when we bought the h3. On the other hand the Land Rover service department HAS to be excellent because you have to deal with them every other week lol...especially with 2 rovers

Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

My guys say the service department customer traetment is very good. You are right though, they know the service writers way to well and normal maintenance is very expensive. They tell me not to ever let one get out of warranty.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:52 PM

The H3 is my favorite truck in the market, hence why I bought it. I have always been a fan of the Hummer brand, and the H3 is a really good truck. I have had it a few months, but what I read up on it GM was able to correct the major problems. I have an '08 and the ride is just perfect. The Alpha is definitely the way to go, I just couldn't afford anymore, but I wanted that H3. The regular H3 has power and can get you onto most highway situations without a real problem. I noticed that inclines and hill climbs with fast speed can be a problem, but that is about it. I tested the H3 and the Alpha and was very close to the Alpha, but like I said couldn't go anymore.

As for the service..

The service department where I am is good. Not great, but certainly I have seen worse. I work with auto dealers and have seen some REALLY bad dealers before. The Dealer I am at is pretty good at customer satisfaction. They also host off-road events and teach you about off-roading towards the fall. I know other dealers do this too.

If you want a big truck, mountains of capabilitieswith adecent rating MPG the H3 is definitely the way to ride.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Most of the dealers do a good job and the H3 is outstanding.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:15 AM

Geeze...I wish I could say the same as you shameless HUMMER salespersons.
Mine;
[ol][*]Leaking rear diff[*]Steering rattle, clunk (fixed)[*]Misc shakes, rattles and clunks[*]Random burning smell from A/C ducts[*]Brakes shudder on moderate hard braking[*]Back doors require too much effort to close, causing kids to slam the crap out of them when they get out.[*]Radio had a cracked display from factory (dealer replaced after 120 mile round trip drive)[/ol]
Mine must have been a Friday afternoon assembly.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

Geeze...I wish I could say the same as you shameless HUMMER salespersons.
Mine;
[ol][*]Leaking rear diff[*]Steering rattle, clunk (fixed)[*]Misc shakes, rattles and clunks[*]Random burning smell from A/C ducts[*]Brakes shudder on moderate hard braking[*]Back doors require too much effort to close, causing kids to slam the crap out of them when they get out.[*]Radio had a cracked display from factory (dealer replaced after 120 mile round trip drive)[/ol]

Mine must have been a Friday afternoon assembly.
Oh boy..that's a lot of problems! Hopefully, everything gets fixed and not make you loose anymore interest on your rig.