PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 REAR Sunroof Drain Tubes!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:07 AM

Thank you!! This is exactly the type of info I needed.

I must say, I'm surprised by the shape/size of the grommet in the rear. It looks a lot different than the front opening...? That thing is tiny!

I've pretty much isolated the problem in my vehicle. I did the front drain tube mod, but my driveway is such that my vehicle is parked uphill if I pull in normally. Since the rear tubes are obviously clogged, the tray fills up and overflows regardless of the state of the front tubes (which are at the highest point when parked uphill).

Old 05-01-2014, 03:08 PM

It's usually reported that as long as the rear tubes aren't cracked and broken, having the fronts draining properly will usually keep things dry inside even if the back drains get partially plugged up. Tons of threads on this subject over the years.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
It's usually reported that as long as the rear tubes aren't cracked and broken, having the fronts draining properly will usually keep things dry inside even if the back drains get partially plugged up. Tons of threads on this subject over the years.
I've seen those threads, but I don't believe this to be true if you park with the nose of the vehicle uphill. I guess I'll find out soon enough when I do my investigation, but I only seem to have issues when parking that direction.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by KingJoseph
I've seen those threads, but I don't believe this to be true if you park with the nose of the vehicle uphill. I guess I'll find out soon enough when I do my investigation, but I only seem to have issues when parking that direction.
if they are not plugged and you get water in when parked up hill, you must be getting a tremendous amount in. is your rubber seal still there?
the rear sump is more shallow but will handle a trickle. ive tested with a constant slow flow.
i checked mine,all 4 , 2 weeks ago and they flow great and have never been worked on, just flushed with water/hot soapy water just to see the suds.
truck is 4 yrs old +.
you could get inside and have a hose run water while you watch as best you can.
in a heavy rain i barely get a paper towell damp

Old 05-04-2014, 03:27 AM
Default wet rear seat belts

Hello, Can anyone tell me why my rear seatbelts get wet. My driveway is on a slope with the rear end of my H3 lower. its a 2007 model.

cheers, Jimmy

Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 AM

read,read,read.

welcome to your first post.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Default Here is why.

Originally Posted by jimmyblacksmith
Hello, Can anyone tell me why my rear seatbelts get wet. My driveway is on a slope with the rear end of my H3 lower. its a 2007 model.

cheers, Jimmy
Here is the reason: Water is leaking in through the sunroof - apparently it's designed to do this??!! - and then run along the sunroof drain gutter (inside the truck) towards the back where it will exit thru drain tubes to the outside. If there are blockages in the drain tubes or if the leak is so large that the water can't drain fast enough, it will overflow into the ceiling and then flow down the rear pillars between the trim and the truck body and end up at the bottom where the rear seat belts come up thru the trim. Eventually it will also flow under the rear seat carpet. Read the beginning of this post for info. Good luck.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:37 AM

Thank you rstaub and happythree, I will check it out when I am back home next week. Our summer is over and the rains are coming

Old 05-06-2014, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyblacksmith
Thank you rstaub and happythree, I will check it out when I am back home next week. Our summer is over and the rains are coming
goo die mite!! yikes rain!! get a roll of "duck"tape till the rain stops.

hey,down there when you drop stuff does it go ,,up?!!

Old 05-09-2014, 12:15 PM

It rained here last night... guess what...

My rear carpet is wet! There is probably mold under my carpet because the previous owner obviously didn't mess with it...

I've had my 09 H3 for only a couple of weeks and now I have to tear it apart to fix something that should have never been an issue. Thanks GM engineers... thanks a lot.

Quick Reply: H3 REAR Sunroof Drain Tubes!!