PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Performance increase with HP Exhaust system?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default H3 Performance increase with HP Exhaust system?

OK. I'm contemplating getting a HP dual-exhaust system in the next few weeks. The question is will I feel a noticable difference in pick-up since I only have the K&N filter in the stock box, or is it just a little performance and alot of sound?

I'm going to get that PCM upgrade, and I'm trying to decide to get the exhaust first, and then the PCM upgrade, or just the PCM upgrade. I don't know if getting a dual-exhaust is really going to make as big of a difference as getting the PCM upgrade. I don't want to waste the money on the dual-exhaust if it isn't going to do much for me. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Default RE: H3 Performance increase with HP Exhaust system?

Personally Mike, this is my opinion, you need to do all three pieces of the performace puzzle..Leaving one out will be halfassed.

#1. Get the K&N intake kit like everyone else has done,

#2. Get the cat back exhaust system with the dual outlet tips (looks awesome too)

#3. get the PCM tune as that will will be tuned to the intake and exhaust mods for optimum peformance

Then you can appreciate this kind of performance...

Old 09-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

I agree completely. That was my original plan, but didn't know if it was all truely necessary. My next question would be, since I already have the cone K&N filter, what kind of change will it make from the the k&N filter in the stock air box to the one you have? AND, should I go with the the system you have, or the metal CAI kit? Is there going to be a difference between the standard plastic intake and the CIA system?

I'll start with that first. eBay, here I come ;-)

Old 09-23-2006, 02:35 PM

One of the big pluses with the CAI kit is the smooth unrestricted intake tube from the filter to the throttle body, compared to the accordian like tube with the stock system and the large area for free air intake instead of the small hole in the fender wall with the stock box...The name of the game here is more air!

Old 09-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

There are two versions though: The one that you have with the plastic air tube, or the stainless steel version. You may not have seen it though. Are your tubes steel or plastic? I know there are two. I wouldn't think other then looks there would be a big difference.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Here are links to do the two different ones:

Yours:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-A...spagenameZWDVW

Polished:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-P...spagenameZWDVW

Will the polished one REALLY make a difference instead of the normal one? I wouldn't think it would be noticable.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:23 PM

Yes I am familar with both models of the K&N

The metal polished tube is IMO only for looks..Unless you run down the road with the hood open, no one will give a rat's ***..

The black nylon tube conducts less of the engine compartment heat to the inside of the tube (plenum), so that will be a big plus as that's the purpose of "COLD" air intake..keeping that intake air as cool as possible, whereas the metal tube will conduct the heat to the inside easier...So it' all about the difference in looks vs performace gains...Both types of the tubes are smooth on the inside.

Of course the metal polished tube is more expensive too.....And arn't you on a home building buget right now anyway?

Old 09-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

I sure am.

Is that picture of the intake from your H3, because if it is, guess what?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Old 09-23-2006, 09:56 PM

I'll be Damn! It is mine...Don't these people have camera's of there own?...Oh well

Old 09-23-2006, 10:01 PM

This is what I sent to the seller of my K&N system he has on ebay...

Hey dude...What the hell is the big idea?

You are using pictures of my K&N for your auction...What did you do, steal them off of HUMMERFORUMS.COM?...You A$$hole!

Better cancel the auction right now, or I will report you tou Ebay, you theaven bastard!

Quick Reply: H3 Performance increase with HP Exhaust system?