Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H3 part finder (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h3-part-finder-38580/)

nelly27281 07-19-2017 02:18 PM

H3 part finder

2 Attachment(s)
Hello fellow Hummer owners,

I already had my hood release cable broken (never bothered to buy new one) and now the driver side door lock cable is broken. Tried to open the door from inside and realized its gone.
I can still open the door by lowering the glass and pulling door handle from outside.
Dealer is asking me $300 for part + labor. I've tried to find the part online but I couldn't find anywhere. Luckily I found the image:

Attachment 10549

I am guessing I've broken part no. 8 or 9 (whichever is to open the door) as door locking is working. (This image is from google)

Attachment 10550

Can anyone help me find this part?

Doc Olds 07-20-2017 08:40 AM

You need to take the door panel off and LOOK, I have never heard of those cable breaking without a vehicle accident smashing the door.

More likely something became disconnected.

When you see what is wrong and need a part, go to any online GM parts seller and do a search for your year and model.

nelly27281 07-21-2017 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So I was right. I took off the door panel and saw this. That round head broke apart from wire.

Attachment 10552

I there any place I can get just this wire?

nelly27281 07-21-2017 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 345958)
When you see what is wrong and need a part, go to any online GM parts seller and do a search for your year and model.

I did tried to find this wire, but couldn't find. I can get other part except for the number 8 and 9 from 1st image that I got from one of the GM site.

a0128 07-21-2017 10:12 AM

The parts you reference (#8 and #9) are NLA from GM. You will need to search the wrecking yards for them. Chances are you'll find them there.

TAINTER 07-22-2017 11:56 AM

Contact a dealership parts department and tell them what you need. Ev give them the diagram #. They can cross reference the pt# with other GM parts. Ask them to give you a price and the pt#. Once you have the pt# find it cheaper online.

GM likes to use common parts from other vehicles for items like that. Chances are there are several other pt#s that will work.

nelly27281 07-22-2017 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 345980)
Contact a dealership parts department and tell them what you need. Ev give them the diagram #. They can cross reference the pt# with other GM parts. Ask them to give you a price and the pt#. Once you have the pt# find it cheaper online.

GM likes to use common parts from other vehicles for items like that. Chances are there are several other pt#s that will work.

Thanks Tainter,
I've already checked with them n they are saying latch cable comes with lock n its $250 + tax.
Stupid ball n cable. :mad:

guss0 08-12-2017 06:38 AM

If theres enough length left would a cable barrel nut work on the end of it? Dont know if you've fixed this yet or not but just a thought and/or idea for someone later on