PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 inspection

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Default H3 inspection

My H3 is due for inspection...I changed the seats last year..The air bag lite stayed on... Do I have to have the lite off for the vehicle to pass inspection.Thanks errol

Old 06-23-2013, 06:03 AM

I would say yes, as it would not be roadworthy as is, but I am only guessing as I am in Australia, however over here it would definitely be a no pass.

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so or pull the air bag fuse, should reset the light.

If not a dealer should be able to sort it, as the light is on for a reason, and should really be fixed anyway.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:07 AM

The lite is on because I changed the seats. Could not find the wire for the air bag lite in the seat...I can always put the original seats back in ..thanks...

Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 AM

is it a safety inspection or an emissions inspection? if it is a safety inspection I would say it will definatly fail. if its an emissions it will depend on the state. I know in Illinois you cannot have any lights on on your dash. what kind of seats did you put in.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:58 AM

or you could take the occupant module out of the seat you removed and plug it into the connector under the seat.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Default hummer air bag lite.

I changed the seats in my 2008 H3. They were the mesh seats,(ugly). I installed Factory leather from another 2008. I made harnesses from info on here. everything works except I cant get the lite off by itself..

Is it possible to take or swap the occupant module out. does this mean the occupant seat controls the lite...???
thanks errol

Old 06-28-2013, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Aussie H3
I would say yes, as it would not be roadworthy as is, but I am only guessing as I am in Australia, however over here it would definitely be a no pass.

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so or pull the air bag fuse, should reset the light.

If not a dealer should be able to sort it, as the light is on for a reason, and should really be fixed anyway.
Yes it will definitely fail.. I once did the same mistake and I was not able to pass the inspection.. Need to change it for sure

Old 06-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Errol Flynn
My H3 is due for inspection...I changed the seats last year..The air bag lite stayed on... Do I have to have the lite off for the vehicle to pass inspection.Thanks errol
If I wanted real and accurate help with this question, I would indicate where you are. "I live in ________________ and My H3 is due for inspection"....

Since states, provinces, commonwealths and countries are all different as to vehicle registration laws. Example: Michigan has no inspections, zero.

So my answer to your partial question would be, you don't need an inspection. What you talkin bout Willis?

Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by MarlonPerkins

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes or so or pull the air bag fuse, should reset the
led lights.

Yes it will definitely fail.. I once did the same mistake and I was not able to pass the inspection.. Need to change it for sure
Thanks for reply