PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

From a H3 to a H3T,,,, I be very happy !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Default From a H3 to a H3T,,,, I be very happy !!!!

A short history,, got an H3 when they first came out in 06, had it for year, swaped it out for a Toyota Tacoma (needed a truck bed badly), missed the H3, traded the Toyota for an 08 H3 cuz I was bummed with not having a Hummer but it still sucked not having a truck bed.

H3T, best of both worlds,,, just got it today (Black 2010) and couldnt be more happy !!!!!

A few thoughts,, it does drive and feel different than an H3 but I think I like it more,,, just got to get used to driving the longer wheelbase it has,, while the H3T is only 22" longer than the H3 the H3T sure does feel longer than 22",,,, not in a bad way though,,, just different.

The dealer let me swap out my aftermarket 18" chrome wheels and tires from my H3 to the H3T but the rest of the H3T is plain jane stock.

Today I will ordering a bed cover, not sure which one yet but Im leaning towards the Diamond Back Black X, get the windows dark tinted (legal here in Vegas) and order the Black powder coated nerf bars,,,, that should be a nice start.

In a week or two the chrome grill is going matt or satin finish black,,,,, guna murder/black out, the whole H3T except leave the wheels chrome (not a big fan of black wheels).

I will post pics in the next day or two but so far I am loving my new H3T.

If anyone is thinkin about getting an H3T, nows the time,, the dealer told me the stock is running out real fast,,, the dealer "claimed" there's been a very BIG, very recent extra jump in sales on all Hummers in the last few weeks.
I know I had a bit of a time getting mine, had to get it thur a dealer in Arizona (Im in Vegas) and have it shipped out to me after the dealer in Arizona had it shipped to them, as they were all sold out.

To locate/find, the H3T I got, I called GM/Hummer's 1-800 number and asked them to look for a black H3T closest to my location.

Anyhow,,, love my new H3T !!!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited by davyo; 05-20-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Congrats from a fellow semi new T owner (Nov O9). Great trucks, love mine more each day, lol. I've got the Diamond Back black Linex/Kevlar coated bed cover, you won't be dissapointed. Awesome cover. I ordered the tailgate lock seperately, super easy to install and not too expensive. I've got complete lockdown now, lol. Highly recommend it if you go with this cover, especially out there. No worries of breakins. I didn't know it at the time but the company also offers a heave duty version that holds over 1000 lbs if I rember correctly. Made to hold atv's. Not sure if they offer those in the T size though. Got some friends that are moving back to the beach from Vegas in the next couple of weeks. Been out there over 10 years making good money but didn't survive the economic meltdown. I think City Center hurt their business. Can't wait to see some pics. Enjoy the T.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by beachbum
Congrats from a fellow semi new T owner (Nov O9). Great trucks, love mine more each day, lol. I've got the Diamond Back black Linex/Kevlar coated bed cover, you won't be dissapointed. Awesome cover. I ordered the tailgate lock seperately, super easy to install and not too expensive. I've got complete lockdown now, lol. Highly recommend it if you go with this cover, especially out there. No worries of breakins. I didn't know it at the time but the company also offers a heave duty version that holds over 1000 lbs if I rember correctly. Made to hold atv's. Not sure if they offer those in the T size though. Got some friends that are moving back to the beach from Vegas in the next couple of weeks. Been out there over 10 years making good money but didn't survive the economic meltdown. I think City Center hurt their business. Can't wait to see some pics. Enjoy the T.
Yep,, the economy in Vegas has not been the greatest lately, the meltdown hit us pretty good as well as everywwhere else.

For your tailgate lock did you get the pop-a-lock one ?

Called Diamond Back today and they are now all sold out of their blemished or demo H3T covers so the only covers they have are now full price,,, bummer,, I should have ordered one of the demos last week when I had the chance.
Full price on the Diamond Back,,, I might have to wait a bit,,, or look at some other covers,,, really wanted the DB though.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 PM

Yep, the Pop A Lock.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 AM

Congrats, I just got mine on Tuesday.

What options did your come with?

I too am needing a cover as well.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by beachbum
Yep, the Pop A Lock.
Who did you order your lock from and what did they charge you ?

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by jrc1122
Congrats, I just got mine on Tuesday.

What options did your come with?

I too am needing a cover as well.
Congrats to you as well !!!!

My H3T is just the base model, didnt want any other model.

As far as I can tell the only add-on that was on mine was the black powder coated locking gas cover,,, the wheels it came with were black stock H3T wheels that actually looked kinda nice,, I almost didnt swap out the chrome wheels on my H3 trade-in (the dealer gave me the choice).

As far as a bed cover I have narrowed it down to the Diamond Back or the Torza Hard Hat Premier,,, would rather have the Diamond Back but the price difference is pretty big.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 05-21-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by davyo
As far as a bed cover I have narrowed it down to the Diamond Back or the Torza Hard Hat Premier,,, would rather have the Diamond Back but the price difference is pretty big.

Cheers
Davyo
I was looking at those last night, I couldn't find a pic of the H3T with a Torza Hard Hat on it. But I did see the Diamond Back.

I liked the Diamond Back-- except I wish that the black one was more of a matte black-- because it sort of clashes with the matteblack trim of Truck.

Do you know if anyone sells a duller black one?
Do you have a link to a pic of a H3T with the Torza on it?

Old 05-21-2010, 04:57 PM

I was looking at those last night, I couldn't find a pic of the H3T with a Torza Hard Hat on it. But I did see the Diamond Back.

I liked the Diamond Back-- except I wish that the black one was more of a matte black-- because it sort of clashes with the matteblack trim of Truck.

Duller black? The finish is a Matte black Line-X and does Not have a shine to it. I don't know of the one you saw but if that is stopping you from getting one, It has no shine. http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/h3t/

Old 05-21-2010, 08:59 PM

Dont have a link for a H3T with a Torza, but this link gives a good idea of what it would look like, if ya get the Torza make sure to check out the "Hard Hat Premier Hard cover" as there are several different versions and a soft version as well,, best price I have found for them online is average $660.00,,,, http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.c...onneau-covers/

As far as the Diamond Back,, it is very dull and matchs the truck trim very well.

Cheers
Davyo

Originally Posted by Recovery21
Duller black? The finish is a Matte black Line-X and does Not have a shine to it. I don't know of the one you saw but if that is stopping you from getting one, It has no shine. http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/h3t/
Yea,, not sure which picture he is looking at but the Line-X DB is a matt finish black.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 05-22-2010, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
If you click on the photo and video icon. You will see a Truck same color as mine

Boulder Gray- and the Black top still looks much darker than the trim....

Quick Reply: From a H3 to a H3T,,,, I be very happy !!!!