PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 and FJ offroad

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Default RE: H3 and FJ offroad

personally, i think you were both going too fast over some of that stuff. but, since i don't have to pay for your replacement UC protection, you go right ahead and do it your way.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:07 PM

You are right about both of us going too fast on some stuff.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:03 PM

Is it me?..or did we just get told off?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:40 AM

Yes, we got told off. I mean "we" because I think there was more there than what will meet your eye or anyone else's.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

That is the first thing I noticed. At the beginning of the video, you were really beating on that thing. Why were you going so fast?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

That is the first thing I noticed. At the beginning of the video, you were really beating on that thing. Why were you going so fast?
He wasn't going THAT fast..I think Linus was just setting in his torsion bar adjustements...

Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dennis

He wasn't going THAT fast..I think Linus was just setting in his torsion bar adjustements...
It may have been been the way it was bouncing up and down and the steepness of the boulders he was driving over that was making it look like it was going faster. Of course, I know nothing about it so I shouldn't be talking :-D BUT, my wife and I are going to an off-road park next Saturday so MAYBE I'll take the steps off and see what it can do, although it being my only car and moving two weeks after, I really don't know if I want to take a chance since I will REALLY need my truck in the coming weeks.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:20 PM

Of course, I know nothing about it so I shouldn't be talking :-D BUT, my wife and I are going to an off-road park next Saturday so MAYBE I'll take the steps off and see what it can do, although it being my only car and moving two weeks after, I really don't know if I want to take a chance since I will REALLY need my truck in the coming weeks.
take the steps off either way, as if you try anything even not-challenging, you'll ruin them. i ruined my big shiny chrome steps the first time...

Old 10-18-2006, 03:22 PM

awesome vid, linus

Old 10-19-2006, 03:21 PM

I just went back over that same trail I did in the video, but went the other way. As I was driving, I was thinking about the speed I drove last time. The rocks aren't that big, in fact if you look at the video again ony a few come close to hitting the underbody armor. Most of them are less than a foot tall, and they are allover the place. At any given time you could have as few as one tire to all four tires on a rock. Rocks that size will make the body pitch and roll a lot. I did go slower the second time, and the ride was much better, but I guess you have to see it in person to really understand what is there.
I have footage of a plcae I tried but could't do that I left out of that video. I went back there also and looked at it again. Just seeing what it looks like in the video, you see a lot of possibilities for this obsticle. Once you are there, though, those ideas are out the window because of how steep the terrain actually is.

Quick Reply: H3 and FJ offroad