PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 clunk when enganging D and driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Default H3 clunk when enganging D and driving

When switching between N and D there is a loud clunk. When driving (around 20mph) at coast and give throttle the clunk happens again. I was able to narrow down the cause. The front differential appears to have three mounting points with bushings. One in the cross member, one on the left side and one on the right side. The bushing on the right side (passenger) is totally gone so when placing the vehicle into gear the diff hits the frame mount.

Dealer wants to replace the entire mount w/bushing for a part cost of $93. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket place that would provide the bushings only? I would like to get one for the left and right side at minimum, the center replacement as well if available. From what I have been reading the center may take some additional time/work making fabrication adjustment.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Semper Fi

Old 02-24-2013, 03:29 PM

I have gotten parts from the dealership and done the work myself. This tends to be easier than looking for aftermarket parts or depending on how much offroading you do you might want to look into something heavier duty.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:43 PM

We build delrin replacement bushings for the left/ right side and also the first generation crossmember. But unfortunately we are still waiting for our core brackets to be shipped back from a customer before we can send out another set. All three bushings require you to burn the rubber out and cut the metal sleeve before pressing in the delrin bushings and modified crush sleeves. Since it is such a messy job and every set has been slightly different due to GMs "amazing" quality control we have been rebuilding them as a service with a core.

http://www.outfitterdesign.com/front...shing-kit.html

Last edited by atvspeed4; 02-24-2013 at 05:45 PM.