PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Brake Pedel

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Default H3 Brake Pedel

The H3 comes with abrake pedal that's approximately 3 inches wide. Does anyone know where I can get a wider replacement pedal (maybe something like 6 inches). I drive with both feet; that is, I accelerate with the right and brake with the left, and find that I have to reachover too far with my left foot tobrake.

Any aftermarket solution would work. So, if anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
FDT

Old 01-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Default RE: H3 Brake Pedel

Any auto parts store would have aftermarket pedal covers. that should fix your problem,

Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 AM

So you're one of those people that run down the road with their brake lights on all the time..Don't drive like that...[:@]

Old 01-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Dennis either it's what you said, or he just has some really big feet!

Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dennis

So you're one of those people that run down the road with their brake lights on all the time..Don't drive like that...[:@]
I was JUST about to type this exact thing when I saw yours. I'm with you Dennis, double [:@][:@]

Old 01-19-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I was JUST about to type this exact thing when I saw yours. I'm with you Dennis, double [:@][:@]

I don't think you would even pass a driving test here in Ohio driving with both feet unless it's in a manual and you're working the clutch ... I know I got nailed once on braking with my left ...

Old 01-19-2007, 02:24 PM

I guarentee that he will be back on here in under 10,000 miles to complain about worn down brakes

Old 01-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Dennis, HummerGuy, Zyne and ImportKiller...

I wish I had placed a bet on how may of you were going to reply this way...stereotyping is just so ugly -- try to improve on that in 2007!

ImportKiller, I've been driving with two feet for over 30 year...my brakes wear as normal as the next guy's and I don't drive with the brakelightson -- I've looked into that and its just not the case.

Whats more, I'dbet anyone that my reaction time is far greater than the average "one-foot" driver. As for why I wouldn't pass a driving test in Ohio...well, that fact that it's "Ohio", should speak for itself (LOL), but in its simplest terms, most DMVs don't want people to drive with two feet, because most people aren't coordinated enough to do so safely and effectively (they're not talented enough). Heck, most people can't even drive well with one foot let alone two.

If you talk to anyone that has done defensive driving, stunt driving or any real professional driving for a living (not your recreational weekend super drivers), but real professional driving, you'll find that a lot of them are ambidextrous when it comes to foot movementas it offers greater control of the vehicle and a greater response time. When you drive with one foot you are acting on "REACTION", when you drive with two feet, you are proactively acting on "ACTION", there is no doubt that ACTION is always, always, alwaysquicker than REACTION.

Having said that, I DO NOTrecommend it to anyone as it is a unique skill and if you don't know how to control it, you can get seriously hurt. -- "Don't try this at home..."

Best Regards, [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
FDT

Old 01-21-2007, 10:00 PM

Interesting perspective. I am a commercial driver with over 850,000 miles under my belt and have taken three different defensive driving courses over the course of my carrer and have never heard of that being taught anywhere. Actually, that can be quite dangerous, espescially if you drive both manual and automatic vehicles. Your body learns the habit for each foot, and if you are used to driving a manual, then switch to an automatic, your left footwill stab for the clutch in an emergency even if driving an auto. Since your right foot is trained to to the brake and throtttle it always knows where to go. If you drive the way you do, what happens when you are driving a manual and need the clutch and brake at the same time? You can only push on one pedal at a time, and if you hit the clutch first, you may be too late on the brake, or if you just pop it into neutral and get on the brake, you are technically out of control because you are not in the proper gear for your speed. If it can be proven, you can actually be cited for that. "Action" vs. "Reaction" all has to do with your eyes and how perceptive you are to your surroundings. You act to a situation before it becomes a situation, and react to it after it's already happened.

But hey, if it works for you and are safe about it, drive on, just leave the brake lights off unless you mean it.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:05 AM

I was only kidding with you bro...whatever floats your boat. I know in NJ you will fail the test immediately if the instructor notices you using two feet as well...so it isn't just ohio. How have you been driving this way for over 30 years though? Have you never driven a manual? Just curious.

Quick Reply: H3 Brake Pedel