PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 - Attention grabber!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Default H3 - Attention grabber!

Since I took delivery of my H3 last week and started using it as my dd, Ican't believe the attention it has garnered from neighbors, co-workers and strangers alike. Seems like everyone has something to say about it and all want to know what I think about it. The vast majority of the comments are positive and most are curious as to the price and gas mileage as well as my take on its quality.There have been a few comments about "being paid too much" at work but that goes to show peopledon't realize how affordable an H3 is. The same with the gas mileage - a few here were thinking single or low double-digit figures and are always surprised when I quote the EPA ratings. I've had to have a few show-'n-tells in the company parking lot to interested co-workers. All have been duly impressed with the level of luxury and quality and technology in my H3 and everyone loves the brawny look and in-your-face stance.

Driving around town, I get plenty of looks from fellow commuters despite the fact that there are some pretty nice vehicles tooling around here. I've even gotten a few waves and thumbs-up from passers-by.

Funny, I own two pretty badazz modified '02 Corvettes which I have gotten comments about over the years but they have never generatedthe excitement and attentionthis Hummer has. The H3 is definitely one of the coolest vehicles I've ever owned.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 - Attention grabber!

Good news! There is a bazillion of them up here in metro Detroit, so nobody pays that much attention to them here. At least I get NO bashing. Enjoy the ride!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:53 AM

The H3 certainly has a tough look to it. I go the same response when I first bought mine, now everyone around here has one and the looks kind of stopped. Just make sure you take it offroad once in awhile and you'll be really impressed by it. Welcome to the club, fellow H3er. I likedmine so much I got it tattoo'd on my leg.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:08 AM

i agree.....the H3 gets a lot of attention. some good and a little bad but all in all i love mine.
i've had the same things happen to me as soon as they came out i got one asap and from there everyone
was asking man how you afford that. i ask them all can you afford a nicely equipt.trail blazer then you can own this. i was the first in my small town (anderson S.C) to get one now i think i've counted about 5 in my area so the guestions have died down a bit.
the only problem i've had is no matter where you are people have to get right up on it. my kids 3& 8yrs joke because we park in no-mans land and walk to the mall,target,bestbuy.....so they call it Hummer Parking.(once we can out to have a H2 beside us......so its hummer parking now) but no matter how many empty spaces their are you'll have some beater parked right beside cuase they had to check it out.
but either way i wouldn't trade it for anything............But a H1 !!!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

I have mostly kids in passing-by cars looking at it. I never had anybody give me the finger, but have been accused multiple times of supporting terrorism because I drive a car that takes too much gas.

Funny how the farmers over here with there F-250 and F-350 Pickups aren't getting critisized for sucking more gas, or the Escalades which get like 0.7 MPG

Oh yeah, and apparently I also make too much money because I drive a truck that's cheaper then everybody elses BMW's and Lexus's

I love ignorance. It's good for a laugh once in a while

Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 AM

Yep, same here, lots of looks and lots of questions, like "can I look inside it"?
Two questions:
1) Do you experience the H2 & H1 drivers not waving to the H3? Perhaps it's only an Oregon thing. There are not many that I see around here. I was at a stop sign at an intersection and wittnessed an H2 turning onto the street towards me and he spun his tires coming around the turn and drove over part of the curb when he turned into the grocery store parking lot. I have even drove next to them on the hwy and NO acknowledgement. Perhaps Oregon's only H3 family is amongst ourselves!!! Show offs..[8D] (Yes, I truely like the looks of your H1 & H2, but not enough funds for the purchase or fuel and those won't fit in my garage). I get the "In your face" with your bigger H's. [sm=americanasmiley.gif](I've been wanting to ask this for months).

2) re:Trey124 "I likedmine so much I got it tattoo'd on my leg."
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 11-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

No offense to anybody, but waiving to each other is kinda lame to me. [&:] If you are on a bike or Harley then it's a little different, but the whole waving to other Hummers, I dunno, it's just kinda dumb to me. That's like waving at somebody at Red Lobster or Pizza Hut because they are eating the same thing as you

Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 AM

OK HummerGuy, thanks for setting a sister straight!
HERHMR

Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

That's like waving at somebody at Red Lobster or Pizza Hut because they are eating the same thing as you

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=laughat.gif] [sm=smiley36.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HERHMR

OK HummerGuy, thanks for setting a sister straight!
HERHMR
I didn't mean it in a bad way. That's just my opinion. That doesn't mean you can't do it Maybe it's a woman thing

Maybe I'll snap out of it one day when a Hummer full of Hooter's girls starts waving to me

Quick Reply: H3 - Attention grabber!