PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Alpha Championship Series...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Default H3 Alpha Championship Series...

...so Im looking at a clean '09 Alpha Championship Series with ARB front/rear bumpers (painted to match) Warn winch and ARB snorkel. The vehicle is clean with only 78xx mi.

Doesnt even look like it was ever off-road. Base interior, no leather, heated seats, nav or rear entertainment.

What makes the Chasmpionship Series so special?

Is there an aftermerket Nav unit that fits with a factory look?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:42 AM

That's a s#$%load of miles for an '09. The good thing is that with many miles, they are probably all hghway miles! Unless it comes with an extended warranty, it's already out of GM warranty coverage. Anyway, the championship edition came stock as follows:

Standard equipment:
5.3L V8 w/ auto trans (Previously only in Alpha models)
Off-Road suspension package
Red brake calipers
Exclusive ultra silver metallic exterior color
Body colored grille
Exclusive hood decal
Fender Flare Extensions
16 x 17.5-in aluminum wheels
Cloth interior
Rocker panel protection
Under-body shield
Black Brush guard

Optional equipment shown:
Wide-spoke chrome wheels
Sunroof
Roof marker lamps
Chrome fuel door
Chrome appearance package

Old 11-17-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bigunit
That's a s#$%load of miles for an '09.
7800mi is alot for an '09?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:57 AM

I read that mileage as "7,800 something"

but I'd love to get one, it's an alpha with lockers but without the bling. Maybe in the future I'll find one at a decent price, hopefully from someone that put "dubs" on it and kept it on the street.

How much are they asking?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:04 AM

I have an 09 championship edition. I bought it New in june 09 and paid $31k. It has front and rear lockers and underneath protection. Also the very important v8. I love the fact it has none of the chrome or leather of the other alphas. I had a tow bar fitted and the radio replaced with one that plays mp3's. Also the brake calipers and suspension arms are painted red. Mine has just turned 7000 miles as it sits in the garage a lot.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Can either of you guys clarify something for me:

Is it an Aplha CE or just a CE? I have the build sheet for it and see the YP8 option for the CE, but nowhere on it does it say Alpha. Im just curious if the dealer threw on the Alpha badges or they are OE.

Otherwise its a very nice unit, I hope to make a deal after work.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by AZG1164
Can either of you guys clarify something for me:

Is it an Aplha CE or just a CE? I have the build sheet for it and see the YP8 option for the CE, but nowhere on it does it say Alpha. Im just curious if the dealer threw on the Alpha badges or they are OE.

Otherwise its a very nice unit, I hope to make a deal after work.
I could be wrong, but I believe the 'Alpha' and the 'Championship Edition', are two unique H3 models, both having 5.3l V8's. I don't think there's an 'Alpha Championship Edition'.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:57 PM

As far as insurance and blue book it has to be called an Alpha CE. Due to the V8 engine.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
I could be wrong, but I believe the 'Alpha' and the 'Championship Edition', are two unique H3 models, both having 5.3l V8's. I don't think there's an 'Alpha Championship Edition'.
Pretty much what Ive come to conclude as well.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 PM

The Champ is a runt, that is, a mix breed of a base, an Adventure and a Alpha dog that was born to celebrate the winning ways of the Hall team that has been cleaning house in off-road desert racing for over 40 years. The color was a tribute to the '08 Rod Hall team that won the Baja 500 in an H3. It is not considered an Alpha by Hummer, although the vin number signifies so (has to do with the V8). On my insurance documents it is also listed as an Alpha. The dealership had stuck an Alpha badge on mine, but it is not an Alpha. I must say that I love the look of that Alpha badge and the Ultra Silver paint job, and I will not be removing it.

Quick Reply: H3 Alpha Championship Series...