PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 air con problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 07:21 AM
Default H3 air con problems

My Hummer H3 aircon is playing up, its an 08 model, the factory recall with the wiring harness has been fixed, I have had a aircon guy look at it and had the system filled and checked for leaks and presure. Heres what he has found through mechanical elimination, now, you will have to excuse the lack of terminology and poor spelling. So the compressor is running fine, the lines get icey cold, where we think the problem is, is the part under the hood which controles the hot air that comes into the system could have a valve stuck on, I say that because the in and out pipes are both hot which would appear hot is still going into the system the same time as the icey cold other part, like I said, sorry for the lack of terminology, it basicly the part that controles hot/cold under the hood. If anyone could shine some light on, or even knows what the hell I'm trying to explain it would be much appricated. Regards Mickey T

Old 12-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

I MOVED your question from the New Member section...... where the first thread stuck at the top says: "THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECH QUESTIONS!!"

Now that you are in the correct section, you should get some assistance.

You did indicate your H3 is a 2008, but no mention of which one.... I5 or V8? I'll assume I5, but the systems are different. The only "valve" I can think of in the system is not under the hood, it is mounted in the front of the Evaporator Core Housing at the front of the Evaporator as the AC system enters the Firewall Bulkhead going into the dash. #26 in front of #8 below. It regulates the pressure and temp of the low side of the system where the Evaporator transfers cold to the air inside the cab. They can be damaged if you overcharge the system with too much pressure, like when a rookie/dumbazzed "aircon guy" operates under the old.... well if some is good, more must be better...... idea. They can go bad like any other man made part, but there is not much to them and they usually outlast the vehicle.

Might want to consider a real AC guy?