PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 W/ Duramax/Alison conversion. 4X4 problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Default H2 W/ Duramax/Alison conversion. 4X4 problems

our 03 Hummer H2 has a Duramax LLY and Alison 6 speed auto in it.

We have been having trouble with it not wanting to go into 4WD. we push the dash button and you can here a short elect motor sound but light keeps flashing.

Took it back to Predator Motor sports in Vista, CA who did the conversion.

They charged us $345 to find the problem which they said was a "loose connection @ the "module under the dash" we got it back and it immed. did the same thing. when I called Predator they said: " oh well maybe the module is going bad" "they cost about $300" GRRRRRRRR!

They have been "less than responsive" on the issue. I got up under the dash and "wiggled" some connections and it worked again but soon stopped!!

I'm stumped. ANy ideas? (sorry for the long post)

Old 02-04-2010, 07:24 AM

heck it seems like a simple enough project to take to a GM dealership. Its all gm components and I am sure they can help you.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:27 PM

I had a similiar issue, when I push the 4WD button it would just flash..it fixed itself in about a day. What people told me is that there are electrical contacts in your xfer case that sends a signal to the computer to tell it what 4WD mode it is in. Sometimes these contacts get "gummed up" so no electrical signal is made..so the computer gets confused and your dash light starts to flash. I make it a point to shift thru the modes now and then to keep the contacts clean.

May or may not be your problem though..

Where do you live...I'm in Encinitas..sounds like your local if you went to predator?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by mfish
I had a similiar issue, when I push the 4WD button it would just flash..it fixed itself in about a day. What people told me is that there are electrical contacts in your xfer case that sends a signal to the computer to tell it what 4WD mode it is in. Sometimes these contacts get "gummed up" so no electrical signal is made..so the computer gets confused and your dash light starts to flash. I make it a point to shift thru the modes now and then to keep the contacts clean.

May or may not be your problem though..

Where do you live...I'm in Encinitas..sounds like your local if you went to predator?
We are in the LA area. Thanks for your ideas

Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Try Tustin Hummer. They do a really good job servicing Hummers and I know they have worked on Predator conversion trucks for people.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Try Tustin Hummer. They do a really good job servicing Hummers and I know they have worked on Predator conversion trucks for people.
Dave...I think at this point you need to change your name..we'll still know who 5hummers is

Old 02-08-2010, 04:13 PM

NEW INFO:
OK, so I press the 4X4 switch and the light just flashes and no 4WD. then Iget the "service 4WD message on dash. If I then press the reset button on the steering wheel the message goes away (of course) and it goes into 4WD! same thing going OUT of 4WD. Now I am really stumped!

BTW: we have spent about $4000 @ Tustin Hummer fixing things that were, shall we say, done less than perfect py Predator when they did the converesion. ANd NO they could not fix the 4X4 problem