PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Default H2 underdrive pulleys

My 2003 H2 is originally from the east coast and there is a little bit of rust. With the cold weather I started hearing the belts squeeling a bit, so when I started inspecting I noticed the pulleys were a bit rusted (belts looked great). So in my efforts to start tackling or swapping out rusted components, I'm considering getting some new underdrive pulleys. I read that they can also result inperformance upgrades as well. Has anyone done this mod, and if so any recommendations on the pulleys, or set.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Default RE: H2 underdrive pulleys

Noise will go away witha newbelt and tensioner.maybe the A/c belt and tensioner also,
maybe.No need to replace all the pulleys that have surface rust on them just more hassel
then it's worth.(IMO)

Old 11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H2 underdrive pulleys

I've never heard a serpentine squeel.... interesting....

Honestly.... I think you could just turn off the A/C everytime you get in and see the same performance you'll see with pulleys... I'd never do it... the truck has far too many drains electrically to change what the alternator puts out....

but that is me....

those 2 belts are fun though.... but when I did it I finally got the last 20lbs of sand, rocks, and mud off of my skidplate...