Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   H2 Stolen (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/h2-stolen-39602/)

BigDog 1701 04-03-2018 09:41 AM

H2 Stolen

Morning all.
I've never been a very active member, just don't seem to have time anymore, but now I need help.

Yesterday, Monday April 2, 2018, my 07 H2 was stolen from my work parking lot in Desoto, TX, just on the south end of Dallas. Don't know how they did it, no broken glass, no noise, just vanished.
There's a pic on my profile and the license plate is CBW 5898.
I know it's a long shot, but who knows, somebody might spot it.
Any questions or info, please call my cell @ 214-733-6320

Thanks Everyone, Rhett

BigDog 1701 04-03-2018 10:25 AM

Well, just got a call from police. My H2 was found in Seagoville, TX stripped of the wheels and $2000 in new tires I got 2 weeks ago. It's been towed to a wrecking yard so I have to go check it out, but at least it's found.

mikes h3 04-03-2018 10:35 AM

That absolutely sucks! I hope insurance will cover it. I've never had a car stolen but I have had a couple broken into. I hope the rest of your H2 is ok.

LoJac963 04-03-2018 12:16 PM

Look at the plastic door buckets, I bet they punched one of the locks and unlocked the door that way. Hopefully all they did was take the wheels and everything else is fine. I would be devastated to have mine stolen! Best of luck and keep us updated!

BigDog 1701 04-04-2018 10:08 AM

Well, I went and and looked at it took pictures the whole inside has been stripped no seats all the accessories were still there they didn't get the radio or console but all the stuff that was in the console all the jackets and flashlights and jumper cables and stuff like that is all gone they didn't get the spare and the driver seat they got it loose but didn't have time to get it out I guess so I don't know what the insurance company is going to do with it though total it or fix it just sucks

mcioci 04-04-2018 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by BigDog 1701 (Post 351277)
Well, I went and and looked at it took pictures the whole inside has been stripped no seats all the accessories were still there they didn't get the radio or console but all the stuff that was in the console all the jackets and flashlights and jumper cables and stuff like that is all gone they didn't get the spare and the driver seat they got it loose but didn't have time to get it out I guess so I don't know what the insurance company is going to do with it though total it or fix it just sucks

They should rot in hell. I had one of my cars stolen many years ago and you feel violated. Who the F do these people think they are? to go into someones truck and take it. Hope they all suffer.

choochmalooch 04-04-2018 11:07 AM

If they do total it you can buy it back at salvage price and rebuild it, especially if it runs good and has no serious issues.

BigDog 1701 04-04-2018 11:23 AM

Yeah, these f##$$ers better hope I never find them or no one will ever find the pieces.

Gunner_45 04-04-2018 09:07 PM

So sorry to her about that.

I have had mine broken into (36 hours after I bought it) and another one vandalized.

Never saw any sort of justice on either incident.

Sure insurance will pay, but the way I look at it, they stole the portion of your life you

spent working to make the money to purchase your truck and accessories.

Cant get that **** back.

A .45 to their left ass cheek or a kneecap "might" be fair trade.

****ers.

LoJac963 04-08-2018 01:22 PM

If the entire interior is gone I bet it will be totaled. Many H2 specific interior parts cannot be found anymore and those that can are ridiculously overpriced. Keep us updated and I hope those pieces of **** get what they have coming to them!

BigDog 1701 04-09-2018 06:47 AM

Insurance people say they are going to restore it.
I don't se how, with almost no parts available. I guess we'll see.

LoJac963 04-10-2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by BigDog 1701 (Post 351371)
Insurance people say they are going to restore it.
I don't se how, with almost no parts available. I guess we'll see.

They will probably start trying to source USED parts and realize how expensive it's going to be and change their story. Keep us updated though

BigDog 1701 04-11-2018 10:20 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...b097a439d4.jpg

BigDog 1701 04-11-2018 10:23 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hum...571a87f526.jpg

mcioci 04-11-2018 01:30 PM

wheels, tires and 3 seats is very easily doable. Unless there is damage to engine or front/rear end when they dropped truck to ground.

rustywhite 04-11-2018 05:38 PM

Man that just SUCKS!!! I've had two vehicles stolen. In all fairness, the insurance company did what they could, but neither vehicle was ever the same after. I hope they at least replace the vehicle with one in "same as" condition. I hope there is a special place in hell waiting for thieves like that. Keep an eye out on eBay, Craigs list, and Amazon for recently added Hummer parts they got. You may get lucky and catch the bastards. Thieves have never been known for their intellect. Good luck finding another Hummer.

MixManSC 04-11-2018 06:42 PM

While terrible that does look fixable. Had they gutted the door panels, dash, console, and other panels then it would be far more difficult. Looks like the seats and wheels/tires are going to be the biggest expense. Replacement passenger front seat will probably not have the headrest screen though. At least they found her. If she is in in good shape otherwise I'd be getting the parts together that are needed.

Probably not what you want but you can find stock wheels pretty regularly. if you are patient you can even find 4 spares easily enough which will have brand new original BFG's on them. I actually have two spares with new tires. Hopefully nothing underneath got trashed when it was put in to that spot. The gash in the concrete is kind of ugly but at least its pretty short. Looks like a rollback dropped it there.

choochmalooch 04-12-2018 08:57 AM

Looking at the body, it doesn't appear like they took it joy riding. This looks like a professional grab and strip job and they got interrupted before they could get everything they wanted. Definitely looks restorable.

calif phil 04-13-2018 08:05 AM

Man that sucks, I hope the thieves get what they deserve. I will be following this to see how the insurance company deals with the seat issues. It's not like they can just order new seats anymore.

BigDog 1701 04-13-2018 09:22 AM

Well, thanks to the incompetence of the tow truck drivers, my H2 is now totaled. They damaged the rear differential housing, the diff cover, front sway bars, both front rotors, steering linkages and several other parts underneath. This stuff put it over the repair limit. I'm so pissed. Of course Progressive isn't going to pay enough for Replacement.

mcioci 04-13-2018 04:01 PM

Incompetent people

itnever fails to amaze me. People are incompetent and they don’t give two ****s anymore. No respect. No conscious.

calif phil 04-14-2018 09:34 AM

Take the insurance $. Buy the H2 back and fix it yourself. I bet you will come out way ahead.

sycraft 04-14-2018 09:53 PM

file a separate claim with tow company

LoJac963 04-16-2018 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by sycraft (Post 351458)
file a separate claim with tow company

Exactly, if insurance was willing to fix then the tow company royally f'ed up and now it's totaled, major claim against the tow company.

MixManSC 04-17-2018 09:02 AM

I'd agree. The towing company knows that its not a good idea to drag something onto a rollback that does not have wheels on it. In a off-road crash scenario that is one thing but obviously just sitting without wheels I feel like they should have waited to secure a set of temporary wheels from a junkyard or something to make the vehicle roll.

I'd still also be buying it back from the insurance company and fixing it myself. Unfortunately though, it will permanently have a salvage title now which will hurt its value but only very slightly as long as you get a lot of good pictures to clearly document exactly why it has a salvage title. Print that all out and keep it in a binder to forever include with the vehicle.

choochmalooch 04-17-2018 02:00 PM

I know how everyone feels but keep in mind, the towing company is contracted to tow the vehicle by either the insurance company or by the law enforcement/municipality where the vehicle is recovered. In this capacity they are only providing a removal service and insurance is responsible to financially recover the vehicle. Taking out a claim on them will do no good as they are not deemed liable.

calif phil 04-18-2018 07:29 AM

They are liable if they damage it by improper towing techniques.

650Hawk 04-20-2018 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil (Post 351563)
They are liable if they damage it by improper towing techniques.

Exactly. They should know not to drag a 5000lb vehicle with no tires/rims on pavement. What, they've never heard of a tow dolly?

BigDog 1701 05-01-2018 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for everyone's responses on my stolen H2.
After talking with ins company, both tow companies and some legal folks, I am SOL for anything tow companies did. Everyone pretty much said that I would need video proof of the tow companies loading my truck incorrectly to have any claim against them. They would just claim the thieves did the damage. As far as buying it back, I just didn't have the wherewithal to do that kind of rebuild, so I took the payoff and let it go.

I have since found and purchased an '06 H2 Special Edition, just waiting on some agreed upon repairs and I'll be Humming once again.

choochmalooch 05-02-2018 06:41 AM

Outstanding! You can always look at it as "Time for a change." Enjoy your new H2.

calif phil 05-02-2018 08:04 AM

Lemon into lemonade. I have the same Fusion Orange LE H2 and I love it. You got the best H2 made IMHO. About how many miles on the old girl?

LoJac963 05-02-2018 12:22 PM

Are they giving you the LE steps to go with those lower rockers? Curious why the LE's are missing and the huge nerf bars were put on.

BigDog 1701 05-03-2018 08:21 AM

No steps, they got it at auction and the steps weren't with it. Milage is a little over 120k. Got it for $20800.