PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"H2 not very capable off road"

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Default "H2 not very capable off road"

I am hoping to soon be in the market for an early H2 and I have been doing a lot of looking around and reasearch. I am between an H2 and a Duramax Crew Cab Truck. I want something big to hold my family and camping gear and tow a camper a few times a year.

I have often read in articles on line and on Jeep boards that a Hummer H2 just isn't capable off road and that it was designed to be a mall crawler and not even meant to really go off road.

I'm calling BS on this. I think a stock H2 has to be more BA than a stock Jeep.

H2 Folks prove this wrong please!

Old 05-18-2012, 04:07 PM

99% of Hummer Talk on Jeep Forums is going to be them talking smack about the Hummers. Thats a sad fact, kinda pathetic actually. We should like all 4x4 trucks. Too each their own.. I love my Hummer, but dont hate on any other brand of rigs..

Old 05-18-2012, 04:39 PM

yeah definitely DO NOT hit the jeep forums looking for praise on the H2's!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 PM

Essentially, stock vs. stock considering only offroad capability:

Wrangler Rubicon > H2/H3 > all other Jeeps.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:04 PM

jeeps are for little men ... h2 is for grown men. and they are seriously capable off road

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 AM

My H2 is the cats *** offroad. It's a full-size rig, so go on the trails knowing that, but it is great in the dirt.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM

I've shut up more than a few nay sayers when I wheeled the deuce. The people that actually saw what it could do shut up in quick order.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 PM

I was blown away by what the H2 can do when I took my H2 off road. It went up some of the craziest stuff I'll ever want to do again. It was like just like a billy goat and the people with me were totally blown away as well. The best part was that many where H2 haters and had to give it props even though they still don't like the truck. Most people (esp Jeep owners) love to talk smack without any experience of what and H2 can do off road.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

When wheeling "Jeep Trails", up here in MI anyways.... that's what we call them, H3s can even have a hard time, H2s require some experience to say the least, and at times can't get through.

This is not because of capability, it is because Jeep Trails are narrow, and have high peaked whoopty dos, (so they can high center a longer wheelbased vehicle), and they are designed for the Jeep crowd because there is many, many more of them.

So, if your Jeepers stick to Jeeper trails, they talk smack.... see what I mean.
Name:  DSC02151.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  196.6 KB

Get out off the narrow "made for Jeep" trails on any obstacles, and H2s are great fun to wheel, very capable, and fun to watch. The mall crawlers are a plenty, but Hummers can wheel with anything.

Just like with an H1, sure they can't do Jeep Trails, but they can do crazy stuff Jeeps can only dream of. Most Jeepers rarely see any Hummers off road, when they do, they usually like what they see.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

H2's are junk....

LOL

Quick Reply: "H2 not very capable off road"