PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 Died today on the off ramp!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Default H2 Died today on the off ramp!

I was driving home from work and waitin for the light to turn green and the my truck just died! I tried to crank it it would try to run for like two seconds but even when i hit the gas pedal it wasnt doing anything and eventually shut off within seconds! Iv'e changed the battery tested alternator replaced the starter all within today! My starter fell apart as i took it off so i replaced it anywho! Seems like it would be a fuel issue filter maybe! Maybe the fuel system needs to be cleaned! If i leave it sit for a while and crank it it will turn on for like 3 to 5 seconds but die again! Anyone have fuel issues? Car has about almost 87k on it! I gave it a recent tuneup as well!

Any suggestions comments advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks OBIE

Old 05-01-2009, 08:15 AM

I would guess the fuel pump went out. You really need a scanner and a fuel pressure gauge to diagnosis a problem like that.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:53 AM

Your right, sounds like a fuel pump problem. A scanner should be able to confirm this.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 PM

I have my tank dropped under an old spare and a jack! Im gonna swap the pump out as soon as i get one! What does this scanner look like and where can i get one! Maybe even the name of the scanner? Thanks guys!!

OBIE

Old 05-02-2009, 12:20 AM

The scanner would be at your local Hummer dealer, there are some hand held units like snap-on and such but harder to find. Sometimes it worth the $50.00 or so to have the dealer scan the computer to see what problems there are. As for the pump, just take the exit line off the fuel filter in the frame and kick the key on to see if the pump is working, just be carfull as fuel will come out so you should hook up a hose to a bottle or such to grab what fuel does come out. If nothing you have a problem with the pump or wireing of the pump. Easy.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:41 AM

Yes i have already done this to verify it was the pump! I disconnected the filter on the out side leading to the fuel rails! I turned the ignition on and nothing i even swapped the relay and checked it again!

Ill keep this updated!

I wonder what the dealer wants for a new pump?? I found one on ebay a delphi pump for $149.99 brand new from global automotive in Florida!

Thanks for all your help! OBIE

Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 AM

HAHA The dealer wants $407.95 GEEZE!!!! HIGHWAY ROBBERY! I dont even wanna know wat labor costs would be!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:13 AM

Check this website for the pump:

www.gmpartsdirect.com

Sometimes you can get it cheaper there and you know it will be a new GM part.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Circuitguy
Check this website for the pump:

www.gmpartsdirect.com

Sometimes you can get it cheaper there and you know it will be a new GM part.

Thanks for the site! I just couldn't wait anymore and the local napa carries a delphi pump but they didnt have them in stock so i just picked it up from the dealer LOL! At least i didnt pay for the labor and now the truck runs like a champ! I couldnt go a day without driving it boy am i glad! Thanks for all the help!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 PM

Glad it all worked out for ya. Dont forget to change that fuel filter!

Quick Reply: H2 Died today on the off ramp!