PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H1 won't start- no lights on dash

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Default H1 won't start- no lights on dash

I have a h1 that won't start. The day before I had a rebuilt starter installed. It cranked up maybe 5-6 times and ran fine, when I got home I noticed that the headlights were flickering. I shut it off, cranked it back up and turned it off again. Went to start it about 1 hr later and NOTHING! I get power to something's but not ignition or lights on dash, horn, headlights etc. I checked every fuse, and reset the fuseable link by the battery. Any help would be great!
Thanks
Mark
Charlotte NC

Old 04-06-2015, 03:49 PM

I would check all the connections that were touched during the starter install, both at the battery end and starter end. Also, it may be bad battery cables which have oxidized inside. Check your battery voltages as well (both at the terminals, and at the starter). Report back with findings.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Battery has some juice and you get no instruments? Will the starter turn over? I had something similar and I believe it is related to the alarm. I reached under the doghouse and shook the wires and got the instruments to come back on. But for me I could turn over the engine but without the instruments (the computer) wouldn't allow the vehicle to run.

Just wondering if your alarm has a starter kill which may have gotten shorted. should cause a battery drain though. I'm assuming there are no fray wires on the starter that might be allowing a slow drain.