PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For H1 owners. - Fuel mileage questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Default RE: For H1 owners. - Fuel mileage questions.

No worries. I knew what I was getting into before I bought the H1. ;-) Read all the changes through out the years and decided on 1999or above. (wanted the 2006 but couldn't afford it).

I storm chase in tornado alley a little over two months out of the year in peak tornado season, (April thru June). I got sick of the utility box vans getting stuck on any dirt road that turned muddy, having to turn around when I hit any debris, or flooded outroads.

90% of the time it's just boring on road driving,hence the abovequestions to get themost mpg and longest engine life. But, the other 10% I need a realvehicle. ;-)

I'll postsome pictures in a few weeks. Got it pretty torn apart right nowinstalling theDoppler radar and stuff.

alexman,thanks foryour insight on the engine work. Religious maintenance it is. ;-)[/align]

Old 09-20-2007, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: H1Intercept

No worries. I knew what I was getting into before I bought the H1. ;-) Read all the changes through out the years and decided on 1999or above. (wanted the 2006 but couldn't afford it).

I storm chase in tornado alley a little over two months out of the year in peak tornado season, (April thru June). I got sick of the utility box vans getting stuck on any dirt road that turned muddy, having to turn around when I hit any debris, or flooded outroads.

90% of the time it's just boring on road driving,hence the abovequestions to get themost mpg and longest engine life. But, the other 10% I need a realvehicle. ;-)

I'll postsome pictures in a few weeks. Got it pretty torn apart right nowinstalling theDoppler radar and stuff.

alexman,thanks foryour insight on the engine work. Religious maintenance it is. ;-)[/align]
Wow! that sounds like a blast! I always wanted to storm chase... Actually try to everytime there is a tornado warning around here(pretty well never) but we did get 2 last year! Although the wife doesnt agree she did come with me in the first chase.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

The GSAs will be a lot quieter and get a little better mileage. I have found that I get 11.5 mpg at 65 mph in my 97 wagon. I have another H1 with MTRs and they are great offroad tires but noisy on the road.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:11 PM

Injunfarian,

Cool to meet a fellow storm chaser. ;-) You'll have to fly down and chase with us next year. Check out our website for more info if you want. www.H1-Intercept.com

You'll have to excuse the out-of-datepicture of the Hummer. I'll be uploading current photos here shortly.