PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Greetings from north of the border

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Default Greetings from north of the border

I just purchased a yellow H3 for my wife to replace a 1999 yellow Beetle...(yes...there's a pattern there?!?!?) She wanted a vehicle with some decent interior room and stood out out in the parking lot. We looked at several SUV's and nothing really caught her eye, I never thought of a H3 but after driving one I was convinced. We have had it for 3 days now and I do not find the power inadequate but I know I won't win any races with it. We live out in the country and she will be using it for driving back and forth to work and transporting our grand kids around, my only concern at this point is fuel mileage which I know will not compare to a TDI Beetle. Now I hope it will be trouble free while I'm away in Kandahar, Afganistan repairing and maintaining fire trucks for the airfield.

Derek

Old 12-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Default RE: Greetings from north of the border

Yo Derek!!!

Hey from Winnipeg!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Well after now owning our H3 for a week my wife is really liking this vehicle which is surprising to me! Even though it is a basic unit it has everything she wanted in a SUV. I installed the tube style step bars on the side and some mudflaps to keep the dirt down off the loud yellow paint. I have owned 50+ vehicles of every shape and size and have had several SUV's and I like how practical the H3 is, I"ll bet "practical" and "H3" don't get used in the same sentence too often!
The comments about lack of power and poor visability are in my opinion "unfounded", I also own an Avalanche and talk about poor visability, try backing one of those things into a parking space, the rear window is useless!
So far we enjoy our H3 alot.

Derek

Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Hey Derek,

I'm new to the H3 too and I love it!