PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Default The Great Global Warming Swindle

Ironic how no online video rental place has this video, nor is it possible to purchase on any site other then the creator's (as far as I know)

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/swindle/

I've watched parts of this on YouTube before they took it down. It's very interesting. I'm going to purchase it:

http://www.greatglobalwarmingswindle.com/dvd.html

You can make up your own mind and opinions about the subject, but seeing the other side of it really makes you think twice about believing all of the interest group hype.

Watch the ENTIRE preview. It will run all of the preview clips consecutively. If you aren't hooked on it after seeing the 10 or 12 minutes they show, I'd wonder about you

Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Default RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Ironic how no online video rental place has this video, nor is it possible to purchase on any site other then the creator's (as far as I know)

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/swindle/

I've watched parts of this on YouTube before they took it down. It's very interesting. I'm going to purchase it:

http://www.greatglobalwarmingswindle.com/dvd.html

You can make up your own mind and opinions about the subject, but seeing the other side of it really makes you think twice about believing all of the interest group hype.

Watch the ENTIRE preview. It will run all of the preview clips consecutively. If you aren't hooked on it after seeing the 10 or 12 minutes they show, I'd wonder about you
I didn't watch the video yet, but

In my mind, I have no doubts that global warming is real, and I am sure weas a society have had a lot to do with it . What is hard to understand or determine is how much is cause by society and how much is it a cyclic event our planet is going through.. I have seen and heard ofstudies that said during themiddle ages there was a period of global warming and sea level rise similar to what we are experiencing, but the info on this is very scarce and seems to be supressed.With that said, I think we still need to do a better job at protecting our resources and taking care of the planet,we can and will really screw it up unless things change. LEts just not jump to conflusions without looking at both sides of the equation and make sure we really understand it.

I can see the news already 50 or 100 years from now... Global freezing...all our actions to stop global warming on a mass scale work so well, we go from global warming to global freezing.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:04 AM

I don't buy into the global warming hype. In fact, if it's true that our temperature has increased by a degree or two, I will keep cheering for global warming... because we could use a little heat up here in Michigan

Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 AM

friggin cold in Toronto too

Old 04-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well that's the debate really; how much is us and how much is the natural cycle of the earth. The video has proof that there was more pollution in our industrial age then there is now. That being said, the earth's temps are about the same as it was back then. One thing they focus more on is the earth's cycles as you say. We have only been technologically enhanced as a society for what, maybe 25 to 50 years? We didn't have the tools to measure these kinds of things hundreds and thousands of years ago, niether did we know there was an issue or cycle. Now we do. We do need to be proactive, but also the people that bash our vehicles are probably the same people eating fast food in styrofoam and plastic cups, throwing their newspapers in the garbage and smoking! Cigarette smoke is a HUGE polluter, so whenever I see people bitching about the environment that have a cigarette in their mouth, I make it a point to inform them. That is hypocracy at it's finest.

Anyway, the point is there is still MUCH more we need to learn and I think this battle is just beginning and will continue for decades until one theory or the other is disproved by the natural course of climate changes. We'll have to wait til we are retired most likely to find out for certain what the deal is.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

At the end of the day they are going to determine, after wasting trillions of our dollars and forcing us to change the way we live, that human activity has had a neglible effect on the earth's climate and that we have very little ability to impact the course of what direction climate change is going to take.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

I'm starting to believe that is true, seeing both sides of the coin. People are so quick to judge an entire world's issue on one presenation. It astounds me.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Think about it...anything Al Gore pushes starts with a cloud of doubt hanging over it. He is making millions, tens of millions of $ on this. There is no doubt that the world/climate is changing but it would do it whether humans were here or not.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:31 AM

not I do believe that is true.... lets go to MARS, be some cool off roading there!!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

That would be sweet, except supposedly Mars gravity is stronger then ours, so our H3's would probably be screwed

Quick Reply: The Great Global Warming Swindle