PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got in a Car accident last week

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 02:33 AM
Default Got in a Car accident last week

Point of this story is to express the extra caution we as truck owners need to take for others on the road and also proof of the durability of the trucks we own. Here is what happened to me.

I was driving around last week and was on a turn on ramp to go onto a major road way and there was a woman in front of me. This ramp is kinda on a hill and you can only see about 100ft back before the part of the ramp where you merge into traffic. A person came over hill and as they were about to pass us I looked back to make sure no cars were coming and started to go and so did the woman infront of me. The guy that passed the ramp hit their breaks for some reason and so did the woman in front of me while I was still watching the hill to make sure no one was coming. I hit the back of her honda civil at about 10-15 mph and turned her trunk into an accordion. When I heard the crunch I looked forward to see my front falling off her trunk I basically road up on to the back of this woman's car. I felt so bad I pulled up onto the grass and ran to see if she was ok which she was thankfully, she was actually very nice considering what happened.

After all was said and done and I got back home I looked at the front of my h3 to see only my brush guard which I only bought 2 months back had some very light scuffs and the right tow hook had her paint on it and there was a scuff on the lower plate that the tow hooks screw into. The westin brush guard basically saved me a few hundred dollars in damage.I know my chrome grille and headlight would have broke on her trunk door in the accident but the guard took all the punishment.

In conclusion be safe and be cautious of others because being at the right place at the wrong time our trucks can seriously hurt or kill others and cause a lot of damage. I am also very proud to be a owner of such a excellent truck.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 AM

I hear that, did you get any pics of her car?

Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 PM

Sadly no I didn't get to take any pictures. I am sure I can pull them from the insurance companies website which I will try to do in next day or so.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 AM

I have had a similar experience in my H3 and was amazed how well the brushguard protected my front end. Glad everyone was OK.