PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

GOT APPROVED!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Default GOT APPROVED!!

I just got approval from the Mrs. to buy an H1! All we have to do in sell our house which is currently on the market, and hopefully will sell in a month or two! No, I am not selling the house to get the H1. So now my search begins. I also have a good friend in the car business (runs a Nissan Dealership) that can locate and obtain an H1 at a smokin' deal. Got a friend of mine an H2 for 10k off the current prices! I am sooo pumped!!

So I have a question...Anyone have a dealer that they recommend?

Old 08-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Default RE: GOT APPROVED!!

congrats! I wish i could be looking for a H1 So i live my H1 life through you people Keep us informed what you get.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:43 PM

congrats on the approval, need to have your wife talk to mine so I can get one too. however, if i was you i'd go to ebay for an H1. find someone that knows enough about them to talk to the seller to make sure you're not buying a total POS. there are a lot of them available, and some are steals. good luck.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:48 PM

The thought of buying a POS is very scary. This is why I really need some advice from you owners. I think with the amount of knowledge everyone has on this forum, I will get very good advice. I will keep all posted. And trust me, convincing the Mrs. was not easy. 3+ years of hard work!

Old 08-28-2006, 09:40 PM

I wish that I had an H1 as well, maybe someday I can pick up a used one.

Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 PM

unfortunately, there's not much H1 knowledge here. if you really want to go through a dealer, you may want to start with Lynch Hummer. not sure what state they're in, but from what i hear they're one of the most knowledgable dealerships in the country. one thing i can tell you though is to prepare for maintenance, and if you can do most of it yourself, you're in luck. repairs tend to be expensive, and parts are very specific for the H1. i can tell you how to change a rear, driver's side half shaft, but aside from that, i'm no help.

and to be completely biased, there are few places that i haven't been able to follow the H1's i go on runs with. if i had a front locker, there would be even fewer places, if any. and the H2 is a much more comfortable vehicle for long hauls. our local dealer has a yellow, open top alpha that i drool over everytime i'm there, but once i sit in it i have some doubts. i'd love to have one just for offroading, but insurance and everything else makes it next to impossible, and it's too heavy to tow with the bus.

just make sure you do a lot of research before you commit yourself to spending the money. it probably wouldn't be hard to resell, assuming it's in good shape, but the hassle wouldn't be worth it. parts are going to become harder to find as time goes by, and for an alpha it will be even worse.

good luck, and let us know how things turn out.

downhill isn't a problem for any vehicle, unless you have brake problems . . . . . . but holy $hit, this was a steep hill . . . .

Old 08-28-2006, 10:37 PM

I have heard a lot about Lynch Hummer. I live in Las Vegas, so it is a bit far, but the H1 is worth the trip. I will be looking to get a used one, so I don't intend on spending 100K. I am looking for a 1997 to 2000. I know I will have to spend my extra money on repairs and what not. I do work with someone who was a HUMVEE mechanic in the service. I am sure he can be a huge help. I was looking at the H2 for a while, but I have wanted the H1 for so long, I can't get over it. I have heard similiar stories about the capabilities of the H2, and how they can keep up with the H1. By the way, love the pic. I can't wait to get out there!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:38 PM

Like shorbus said that be you best bet. I done bussinees with them they are the largert dealer in the world

http://www.lynchhummer.com/Pre-ownedpictures.html

Here are some used H1

Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 PM

They had a black H1 in a storage garage at our dealer (Wright). Apparently the owner bought it with the intent to ship it to his home in South Africa. I was told he likes to safari in the bush. It was beautiful…and had every conceivable option.

Price Tag: $154,000 [:-]

Old 08-29-2006, 12:03 AM

Lot of money.
I like your avatar.

Quick Reply: GOT APPROVED!!