PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:56 PM

Those look excellent on your truck. Gratz.

I like them so much I am going to place an order tomorrow morning for a set.

Am planning on moving up from my 265's to the 285. Will post pics soon.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:26 PM

...and here they are.

Only had the H3 about a week before I stripped the 265's off it for these 33" tires. Much more aggressive look and the ride quality seems about equal to the OEM tires. A bit more noticable hum on the freeway but I think that should be expected. I don't have more than a couple hundred miles on these DuraTracs so far but my impression has been positive. Good handling, quiet, and they look great. Perhaps I'll post more impressions in the future once I get the car off-road.

Original Tires
Name:  01Original.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  53.3 KB

Front Profile
Name:  12Front.jpg
Views: 2364
Size:  148.9 KB

Rear Profile
Name:  13Back.jpg
Views: 1993
Size:  158.1 KB

Detail
Name:  11NewTire.jpg
Views: 7003
Size:  150.4 KB

Old 07-12-2009, 11:47 PM

I finally got my DuraTracs installed on my '06 w/ Lux, upgraded from 265 to 285 and picked up one load rating to range E. As Sonic mentioned, on-road they are indeed pretty close to the 265 OEM Wrangler RT's overall. My origional tires were very "tired" so the DuraTracs are actually a bit quieter than what I'm used to. I can hear a light, even whirr instead of a loud chug, chug, chug. This was surprising to me because the DuraTracs look so much more aggressive.

I'm a happy camper, our truck has a whole new attitude yet it's still nice and tame on the highway. These tires are keepers so I'll be rotating them with every oil change.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:20 AM

any difference in mpg.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by NJHummer18
any difference in mpg.
We've never kept track of mileage, we'll probably be even happier that way with the new tires. LOL

If it's mileage you are after, I bet that you could get some considerable gains by running 205 Michelin LTX highway tread tires instead. We picked up a little over 2 mpg highway average with them on our old diesel dually motorhome! That was surprising for me because I thought that wind resistance was 95% of the coach's problem.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
JAM

Sonic, those look mean! I'll be changing my stock ones in a few weeks (about 40.000 miles) and will go for the GY Duratracs in that same size (285s).

Only thing is that these only come here in OWL (white lettering on the sidewall) which I hate. Do any of you know how to get rid of the white lines?

Old 08-08-2009, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by JAM
Sonic, those look mean! I'll be changing my stock ones in a few weeks (about 40.000 miles) and will go for the GY Duratracs in that same size (285s).

Only thing is that these only come here in OWL (white lettering on the sidewall) which I hate. Do any of you know how to get rid of the white lines?
Thx for the compliment Jam. I think you're going to be happy with the DuraTracs, I've had a ton of compliments since installing them. Has totally changed the character of the truck.

Mine came with white lettering as well and I had the tire shop install them with the black walls out. In a couple weeks the white lettering has started to get dirty and isn't real noticeable on the inside of the tires. If it bothers you after installing them, I'd recommend you hit the letters up with a black Sharpie pen. That ought to keep the bright white to a minimum.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:38 AM
JAM

Thanks Sonic, didn't know they could be installed one side or the other. Good tip on the Sharpie pen!

Old 05-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Any Duratrac owner updates? Wear? Noise? MPG? Plan to go to 285's later this year....

Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 PM

I've had mine on for a week. 315s. One is not balanced properly, or they don't like the grooved pavement on the freeways around here, or they are just a little "bouncier" 'than my old 35 KMs were. I'm going to have them balanced at a different place on Monday. I'll let you know if that helped. It's nothing major, just a times they don't feel quite balanced on the black top. I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires