PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Lord....my h3 is fallin apart

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Default Good Lord....my h3 is fallin apart

Takin the family shopping tonight and I stuff the gas to make a pass....my traction control light comes on, my message center starts flashing like 10 different things at once and my truck stalls. Hit the onstar button and have the woman run a diagnostic...comes back with a traction control failure, abs failure, chassis stability system failure (no idea what that is) and a 4 wheel drive system failure (woman told me that I wouldn't be able to shift into four wheel drive) As I'm talking to her everything clears, I asked if she cleared it and she said no but I do see now that there are no failures showing.

I think I need that ghost whisperer chick to check out my truck.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Default RE: Good Lord....my h3 is fallin apart

i think it's your inner-jeepster telling you it's time to get a rubicon . . . . .[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 11-21-2006, 09:31 PM

Mike..it just accured to me..you have a bad ground somewhere and this could be the root of all your problems too....That will really mess with your PCM and other electronics...All I can say is to arm yourself with some tools and go around looking for all the frame and body ground points and loosen them and retighten them again....they're everywhere, especially under the hood.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:43 PM

shorty....your still a dik

Dennis, I was thinking the same thing but I would think a loose/bad ground would also make my mpg problems intermittant like what happened tonight, not constant. I dunno, ya think the stuff my message center was flashing would be stored on my PCM? wondering if I bring it to a dealer would they be able to pull a code like from a check engine light?

Old 11-21-2006, 09:52 PM

takes one to know one, neener neener neener . . . . .[&:]

i don't know about the H3, but on the H2 the code clears itself when the cause goes away after so many cycles, or whatever the hell clears it. the H3 may keep a history, but i kinda doubt it. your dealership should be nice enough to at least read the codes for you without charging you an hour's labor, at least you would think they would. it's worth a shot, especially after all the troubles you've had with it. unless, of course, you ripped 'em a new one when you took the rental back. they may charge you double the hourly rate just to talk to ya . . . .

Old 11-21-2006, 10:00 PM

never had a chance to rip anybody about the rental...they were closed and I had to drop the key in a slot....bastards

Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 PM

Your H3 should store codes in history. I am guessing it will be a C0327 or C0276 which is tranfer case motor (actuater). They should be able to find the problem pretty quick. Steve

Old 11-21-2006, 10:22 PM

thanks steve, so will the tranction control failue, abs failure and the chassis stability system failure show up as well? Or just the 4x4 failure?
BTW...what the hell is the chassis stability system anyway?

Old 11-21-2006, 10:48 PM

Mike,

Sounds pretty similar to the problem I had on my H3 at 500mi. DIC displayed 6 error codes. Mine cleared for about 5 minutes and then failed again. Dealer had a bulletin on it that said to look at one of the connectors leading into the main fuse box. I've got a previous thread on it.

Found it.... hope it helps... -Brian

\\\\\\\\\\
Picked up the H3 from service this afternoon and for anyone that has the inside scoop on error codes and bulletins they found 5 error codes: P1682, P2101, P0036, P0030, P1516. This led them to Bulletin #PIP3508C. My receipt says the bulletin instructed them to remove and reinstall the UBEC and reset the codes. Someone know what the UBEC is?

They did mention that they have experienced this a few times. "A loose connector leading into the main fusebox under the hood" is how they described it. If someone has access to the bulletin, could they shed some more light? It might help someone else in a similar situation. The car acted like it was running on 2 cylinders and we had no choice but to tow it in.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:58 PM

thanks Brian, that sounds very similiar to what I just had happen. Just curious, do you remember what the error messages where that you got on you message display screen?

Quick Reply: Good Lord....my h3 is fallin apart