PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Good Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Default Good Deal?

I’ve been reading a lot on this forum recently and have determined the H3 is a reliable vehicle, so the miles on an H3 I am looking at do not scare me as much as they would with a different vehicle. The 2006 H3 has 155,000 on it and appears to have been well maintained. No dents, but some clear coat scratches and in need of exterior TLC, but the interior is flawless. I’m picking it up for $7,000 and I’m curious if you guys think this is a good deal.

Thisll be be my first hummer potentially! Thank you.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:31 AM

Based upon the very limited information provided I have no idea.

Post some pix and stuff.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:38 PM

I'd second that! $7k seems a bit high to me but have zero information to go on.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:06 PM

Check out the gunners for sale on this site. But hey if you want one then go for it

Old 12-22-2017, 03:49 PM

I appreciate the feedback. This deal ended up falling through as a dealership was able to give her more for her trade in and she was able to get the car she wanted for the price she wanted.

Right now, I am looking at a white hummer with 110,000 miles on it. I wish I had more details, but the guy selling it isn't super responsive. It currently is his wife's daily driver so it has pink lights that will be replaced ASAP.

Once again, the HUMMER has 110,000 miles or so on it and it appears to be in pretty good condition. I am picking it up for 8,000. What do you guys think of this price and overall deal? I really appreciate all your feedback as I am new to the HUMMER world, but am very excited to pick one up.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:29 AM

I'd pass personally. It's an 06. That's 12+ yrs old. A lot of cash for an old rig.
The owner has also done modifications to the sound system which means wires have been messed with.
MHO

Old 12-23-2017, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Hummer
I'd pass personally. It's an 06. That's 12+ yrs old. A lot of cash for an old rig.
The owner has also done modifications to the sound system which means wires have been messed with.
MHO
I appreciate your honesty. I'd like to start off and say this Hummer is a 2007 as the 2006 deal fell through. What would make this a good deal? All Hummer's are "old" since they are not producing them any longer, so I am not concerned too much about the age. Actually, I want an older vehicle so I don't have to pay $500 every time a headlight goes out and you need the "special tool" or a computer that's half the size of the engine. I like simplicity and have the ability to repair half the issues on my own.

I am a real estate agent and naturally a deal finder. I never pay a hefty price for anything and I've been looking for Hummer's every night for about a month and a half now and I can not find anything much cheaper than this with 110,000 or under miles. As you are a Hummer enthusiast, where can I find a better deal and what would make it a better deal? Dealerships are outrageous and I don't even want to waste my time looking there.

I also do agree with the sound system...I'm not a huge fan. Thank you very much and I've been reading many many threads on this website and they are all very informative.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:19 AM

It is an early 07. Door panels give that away.
Drive it, look it over carefully, drive it again the same day.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:57 AM

I think that is a pretty good price, especially if you can get maintenance records with it. The interior and exterior both look good and the wheels probably cost at least a grand. If it drives good and you like it, I say go for it. 110000 miles ain't nothing. That rig has a lot of life left in it.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:50 AM

I paid $8500 for the last one i bought and it's an 06 with 155k miles on it and I think that's a great deal for you. Here in NC they are bringing 10 - 11k for same miles. Mine had all maintenance records with it and they had just spent $4000 on repairs before i picked it up. Way i see it is that you can't buy anything for less than 10k today that's as nice a HUMMER H3. It's going to be an Iconic Truck as long as they don't make new ones.

Quick Reply: Good Deal?