PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going to be out for awhile

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Default going to be out for awhile

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be off and on for awhile. My wife just got laid off so we decided to open a car audio/video/lighting store. We're looking at storefronts now and trying to get an ecommerce store setup as well. Man.. they don't make this crap easy!! So far I have my tax ID number and business bank accounts all setup, still waiting to hear back from the distributors and Rockford Fosgate as I'm trying to become an authorized dealer for RF. so much to do still [&:]

Anyone have any good tips on where to go to start an ecommerce store? I found a few but haven't seen any reviews or nothing on them.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Default RE: going to be out for awhile

Wish I could help you but I don't know anything about that stuff. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry Impy I don't know anything about that stuff either. Tough luck on the wife's job. You guys have had more than your share of tough news lately. Good luck on the store.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

if you need an internet store start researching what you want to do at 1and1.com I had a server from them when I ran the Opie and Anthony bit download site. www.OAVirus.com (Which is now admin only....) It was FAST as **** and I never had any downtime. They have all the secure stuff you need like certificates and whatnot.... they even have a shopping cart.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that man. Are you guys going to be ok?

When I was trying to get my business going I used prostores.com They are owned by eBay and PayPal and provide you with a functional inventory and checkout system already in place. You just pick a template, plug in your merchandise and it's ready to go. They even set up the credit card payment stuff and have live help. You can pay a fee and have a web designer completely customize your store for you as well. The basic system is $30 a month which includes your domain registration, web space, email, etc.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

wow.... that sounds turnkey....

Old 05-01-2008, 08:46 AM

Thanks guys... I will check out those sites. The one I was going to go with was like $50 a month and you could only have a max of 100 items in the store. I knew there had to be a better place out there.

Mike, we'll be ok I think...my brother is going to support us for awhile until we get on our feet. I told my wife to take the time to go back to school..NJ pays for school if you are collecting unemployment. So she is going to go for X-ray so that she can work for my bro.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

That does sound almost to easy. Almost have to try that one out.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

You aren't going to have to sell your house are you?

And it IS that easy. My friend runs a sports card shop using ProStores. He is the one that got me into the service. It really is simple.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

I had a server from them when I ran the Opie and Anthony bit download site. www.OAVirus.com

O&A Party Rock!

Quick Reply: going to be out for awhile