PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Gm support?/sales?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned
Default Gm support?/sales?

Logical fallacy, there are way to many unknowns here to make that assessment. The choice to discontinue the hummer line ultimately altered buying patterns and the remaining vehicles options are unknown. Not to mention GM is currently not supporting the hummer
THE above from the "inventory" post where a lot of good discussion was about slow sales, and SERVICE.

I agree that sales are affected by zero promotion. i bought new to get warr and certainly hope i dont get screwed.
i think we H owners know they could have kept up the line and done some powerful advertizing,,,just follow the guys (not me!),,the real off roaders around on weekends and put THAT on tv!

am i wrong in believing i will get full warr service?, 5yr,,10 yr?

i dont think about it with lo miles,and no trouble but im done with real wrenching and dont want stuck!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:18 AM

GM will honor the warranty. In fact, they are legally bound to do so. The problem is not with GM, it is with finding a dealership that will accept warranty work for this particular brand. Get on the phone and find a dealership close to you that plans to continue providing warranty service and you'll be set.

Incidentally, Saturn and Pontiac owners will be facing the same problem (full warranties with limited dealerships to do the work). So, if you own any of these brands, you can expect a slower turnaround time in service because some of them will be seeing a bigger workload and most of the usual parts will probably not be kept in stock.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM

That's right, GM is legally bound ot honor any warranties. They also have dealer and service support for these trucks for a min of 10 years after the final model year. So that means the H3 will be supported by GM till 2020 at the bare min. I am not saying will be easy to get parts and accessories, but they are legal required to do so.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Dont know if they sent them out to everyne or just if you've been in for service lately but i got an email from Hummer alluding to owner uncertainty about the future. It said they have set up a network of H.A.S.P., Hummer Authorized Service Providers . It also had a link to a service survey.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

So far so good in my experience. I think a lot of it depends on the local dealership. I am lucky to be close to a very good ex-Hummer dealership.