PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Performance Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:54 AM
Default GM Performance Dual Exhaust

I was driving by my dealership today and noticed in their showroom a new 07 black H3 that was decked out w/ a lot of mods (20's w/ 35 terra grapplers, dual exhaust, grooved chrome door handles, and then some...) I had to pull in and take a looksee. I was wonderin' with all those mods (especially the dual exhaust), wouldn't that automatically void the manuf. warranty? After talking to the guy on the floor, apparently GM sells a performance dual exhaust system that dealers can add on. Like a kid in the candy store, I ran to their parts dept. in the back already trying to think of what day to bring my H3 in. The parts guy tells me $1700 installed! Damn, $1700! I could pick up a Corsa for me and 2 other friends for that price. Does anyone have these installed? The pipes were nice though, it had H3 badges on the 4" tips and everything.

Old 11-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Default RE: GM Performance Dual Exhaust

You can buy the same GM exhaust system for $648.83.

Here is the website:

http://www.gmaccessories-direct.com/...oducts_id=3783

Old 11-03-2006, 02:05 PM

Thanks H3_Hummer, I knew a site like that existed, just couldn't find it. I put in a request for shipping cost.... Being in Hawaii, we pretty much get the shaft when it comes to shipping, which explains probably why the dealer's charging so much, to cover shipping. my guess... about $1100 to my doorstep[:@]

Old 11-04-2006, 03:03 AM

They don't ship to Hawaii Go figure. I guess I'll have to paddle my canoe over there and get it myself

Old 11-04-2006, 04:44 AM

Does the exhaust have to be GM? You may want to try another type like Borla, Gibson, Volant, etc. They are most likely a better choice being they are offered in S/S (don't know if the GM model is S/S?) I am going with Borla next Spring.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:29 PM

I might be way off on this but I saw at my dealer a GM exhaust system on the showroom floor and it was claimed that it was made by Borla for GM? I looked at them online and they looked pretty much the same.. Maybe Im just spreading a rumored sales pitch but thats the word on the street.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:19 PM

There is also a "touring" version of the GM exhaust for more money...
It is listed here: Touring GM Exhaust

Does anyone know what is the difference? I assume it is quieter. Who makes it?

Theo.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:15 AM

The only reason I was going the GM way was to not risk voiding the warranty. I called the service guy just to inquire about what I could install w/o voiding the warranty and all I got was an earful of him saying the word "NOTHING!". "How 'bout 18" rims? Air Intake? Exhaust? HID lights?" "NOTHING!" I was so close to throwing in a sarcastic "Gas?", but he knew who I was so I bit my tongue...

I'm really thinking about getting either the Corsa or Borla, haven't made up my mind yet, I gotta research more about whether it would void the warranty or not[:@]

Old 11-05-2006, 02:50 PM

If I heard those answers, my H3 would be sitting on the dealer's doorstep with a request for a refund. Then I'd walk down the street and buy another one from someone who is not a 'control freak'.

In another post, I mentioned that I called my service manager to ask if I would have any warranty issues with a K&N CAI. "Heck no." was his answer and then he proceeded to explain all the reasons to install one.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:39 PM

naluboy, sounds like your dealer wants to make his money off your add on's. How can a exhaust system that actually lessens back pressure cause any damage to the vehicle and void the warranty? Even if the catalytic converter went bad after installing the new exhaust, it couldn't void the warranty replacement of the converter as it is in front of the exhaust system.

Quick Reply: GM Performance Dual Exhaust