PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give the peace of mind

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 AM

I gave up... I might sell this thing.. Too much headache...

I tried everything and can't figure it out... this is really annoying, even the mechanic doesn't know....

new MAF
new air Filter
new Spark plugs
No vacuum leaks....

what else should I try? should I just take it to the dealership and let them suck my bank account in order to get rid of that engine light?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by garnaout
I gave up... I might sell this thing.. Too much headache...

I tried everything and can't figure it out... this is really annoying, even the mechanic doesn't know....

new MAF
new air Filter
new Spark plugs
No vacuum leaks....

what else should I try? should I just take it to the dealership and let them suck my bank account in order to get rid of that engine light?

Uhmmmm.............. you have a CEL. Ain't NFBD, relax. Find a real mechanic or go to a dealer where they might have one. The CEL itself doesn't mean chit, you have to have the code each time the CEL throws and go through the steps A through Z.

Good luck.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 PM

you were right... sorry for the late update but I eventually went to the dealer and that stupid mechanic while changing my spark plugs seemed to have messed up a hose triggering the light. I tried to find the leak as instructed and couldn't and then took it to ANOTHER stupid mechanic who also couldn't find any leak and changed my MAF (waste of money). The dealership fixed the hose for FREE (how nice) after charging me $105 for diagnostic... well problem solved

I am reporting afte 2 months of it being fine so guess no more egnine light nightmare

Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by rsc
The only problem with the H3 is not that it breaks all the time but that some of the things that do break aren't cheap- like the front diff crossmember bushing that can only be fixed by buying the entire crossmember.
There is now actually a fix for that, no thanks to GM some guys worked out a second generation fix that is better than anything so far. You just have to search around on forums to find out all about it.

As far as I can tell other than the embossed Hummer letters in the front plastic facia it's a GM truck. AM General does not make these, but they made a lot of money selling the name.
I can remember working on British Cars and when you talked to "mechanics" they said things like well that's metric and alot different.
I seem to use metrics alot on my "American made" vehicle more than ever.
Your first sign with reluctance to work on a "Hummer" would be your clue to walk!