PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Default RE: Gas?

I realize the H3 would be a good choice. I'm also probably in the minority in that I think the H2 is probably the sexiest large SUV on the road, and the H3 just looks like a regular SUV. No offense to the H3 drivers, I realize it's a Hummer through and through, just not a huge fan of the styling. I am also a big guy, standing 6'4" tall and really do miss having a vehicle that doesn't make me look like I am in a clown car.

I checked 98 Yukon fuel economy and it is about 12 city and 15 highway, so identical to the H2. I have never driven an H2, but I go tomorrow morning to check it out. That will probably sway my opinion more than anything. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:51 PM

Brando, I have to agree with you, the H2 is just about as sexy a SUV that you can get. I'd love to own the SUT, always had a passion for one. Who knows, today an H-3, tomorrow an H-2.
Enjoy your H-2 and life.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:51 PM

I definately agree with you that the H2 is very good looking. I have to admit the only reason why I didn't get it was because of gas.. but now that I have my H3, I like it better than the H2. The only thing I'm a little jealous of with the H2 is that it's a bit taller than the H3, and part of the fun of driving a Hummer is that you're bigger than everyone else on the road! I wish the H3 was a bit taller... but I love it anyway!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:03 AM

I have no doubt that the H3 is fun to drive. The H3 also appears to be the only way the Hummer brand may be able to survive. I am so sick of how everyone is all of a sudden "green". If it wasn't the cool thing to be, nobody would care. The way I see it, we have been on this planet this long, can't see how we could mess it up now

Old 12-31-2008, 04:05 PM

It all depends on how you drive...if you have your foot in the gas all the time, then expect low mileage...on my 05' H2 I would average 15mpg and a little better on the highway....just got a new 08 H2 and it's saying 12.3, but it hasn't broken in yet....

Old 12-31-2008, 05:42 PM

I drive like an old woman. I used to own an 03 Mitsubishi Evolution and that was my fast car. Quickly got old; and got tired of all the speeding tickets. Now I just want to cruise in style and lux[8D]

Old 01-06-2009, 02:45 PM

I dont think 15 is even possible in a h2 unless you drive on the highway at 55. My 08 h2 averages in the 12s as well as my 03 h2 was in the 12s and thats with some grizzled accelartion times but often throwing it into neutral when going down a hill or coming to a stop light, getting the timing down to have it in neutral as long as possible yet not losing too much speed or delaying the cars behind you, it actually makes the car more fun to drive being a little more involved! You get to save on gas and brake pads and rotors all at the same time.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:22 AM

Let's face it!...the minute you drove that H2 off the dealer lot you know excatly what you're getting into. I always wanted a hummer and I already know this vehicle is not gas friendly. so as long as the gas price is reasonable, you mind as well enjoy the ride.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 PM

I took my 2005 H2 on our first road trip from Vegas to Palm Springs this weekend. We drove partially on the Interstate, but mostly on two-lane highway which was done at 55 mph which included a lot of stop-n-go while going through the small desert towns, (29 Palms, etc.). Interstate driving was done at 70 mph. Going there we had a strong tailwind and averaged 15.9 mpg. Coming back we had a strong headwind and averaged 14.1. I am pretty pleased with getting that kind of mileage.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:39 PM

I agree with blackterror once you decide you are getting a hummer, gas is just something you are gonna pay for regardless. Yeah its a lot worse than my escape...but the goods sooooo outweigh the bad!

Plus I dont commute far in my H3 at all...so it really doesnt bother me too much.

Quick Reply: Gas?