Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Functional hood louver not cosmetic like from factory. (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/functional-hood-louver-not-cosmetic-like-factory-25927/)

Ryuhanzo 11-06-2011 06:12 PM

Functional hood louver not cosmetic like from factory.

Does anyone know where i can get one that actually lets my engine release hot air. My supercharger likes to cook everything under there i already tried a heavy duty fan clutch it worked a little better but not where its comfy for me to make long trips in my bad boy. ={

bflorin 11-08-2011 06:23 PM

It will release the hot air when you drive it down the road ;)

If seen a few people cut open the center hood louver, but you get alot of **** in your engine bay then.

Is it just radiating more heat? or your engine running hot? What blower are you running?

Ryuhanzo 11-08-2011 07:07 PM

I have a magna charger it doesnt overheat but goes to about 3/4s of the way but u could roast a chicken in there XD. But now that its cooler here in ny it never passes the middle and i usually fly down the highway in my toy. It really justs seams like it only happens with the ac on and myself visiting inlaws in boston.

Indy 11-09-2011 01:50 PM

I think I saw a H3 owner a while back, who modded his fake louvre to let air out...or might have been an H2 louvre installed on an H3. I guess you could cut slots into the plastic and cover them up with some mesh grill....but then the heat shield will still be in the way and if it rains, it will go right into the engine compartment unless some sort of shield covers the inside of the hood. I am sure it is possible to do, just takes some planning...do a google search and look at some other makes out there with funtional louvres. Maybe you can copy their ideas. Indy

Ryuhanzo 11-10-2011 08:30 AM

It was either that or i get those louvres that are like 4x8 inches and cut my hood i might as well try something because i dont want to buy another truck i like my everyday driver XD

bflorin 11-10-2011 01:23 PM

No man...if your running hotter get the upgraded radiator, dont even **** around w/ the hood vent... About $900- Its pricey, but you will want to ****can the internal tranny cooler (you will need an external, there are coldweather specific models) so you will eliminate the issue of turning your tranny into **** by getting antifreeze in it.

Tell them you want it without the internal tranny heat exchanger.

aluminum radiator picture gallery from Ron Davis aluminum radiators

Ryuhanzo 11-11-2011 07:20 AM

900 isnt bad considering i'm not driving moms honda civic XD. Ill give it a whack it was either that or get a larger intercooler cause mine looks like it belongs in a golf cart XD.

Ryuhanzo 11-11-2011 01:52 PM

8 Attachment(s)
So heres all my coolers and my awsome fuel efficiant suvXD
Attachment 15016
Attachment 15017
Attachment 15018
Attachment 15019
Attachment 15020
Attachment 15021
Attachment 15022
Attachment 15023