PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 PM

Hello again. re adjusting my mileage. I cleaned the tb and maf . I filled to brim with gas and added injection cleaner. I drove 288 km and was five eighths of a tank left.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Default Worthwhile mileage reports

the only way to do meaningful measurements is; fill up; drive a long way; fill up and write down the gallons and miles driven( or km).
divide the gallons into the miles driven. you know,like 300 miles,15 gallons = 20 miles/gal.
your gas gage is pretty good,but no good for meaniingful reports or comparisons.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 PM

Yes, that's no way to know exactly what your mpg's are. You have to do what Happythree said. Then you will know exactly what you are getting. And the only way to know if you are getting better mpg's than before you cleaned those is if you calculated what your mpg's were before you cleaned them also. That way you would know if you actually improved your mileage. Otherwise it is impossible to know.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by nlhummer
Running premium when regular is recommended does not hurt the engine, only your wallet. You get no more mpg out of it since regular and premium contain the same amount of BTU's. Premium has additives that make the fuel better resistant against self detonation (pinging). That is mostly required for engines that run a higher compression.
If you have an engine that requires premium and you use regular. Two things will happen. Mileage gets worse and you lose power. The engine will adjust its timing, causing you to loose power (and to compensate you give it more gas, hence the worse mileage.)
^^^^ This, There is no benefit in using premium in a Hummer H3, as they are NOT designed ie tuned to take advantage of the extra 'quality' fuel. The octane of the premium fuel stops detonation in highly tuned high compression motors. This is why performance cars generally require premium fuel.

Putting premium in a Hummer would be like putting lipstick on a pig, waste of money and effort, as the H3 engine is tuned and designed to run on regular fuel, and it is unable to take advantage of the added benefits that premium has to offer.

I love the people who say it's only $8 a tank or whatever, I can afford it....what a pointless thing, rather than handing the $8 to the servo operator do something else with it, I am sure no matter how much money you have you can always use it for something other than throwing it away on fuel that makes no difference what so ever, take the $8 and sit down and have a nice relaxing cup of coffee or something, give it to a homeless person, donate it to charity, send it to me.....plenty of options there.

Last edited by Aussie H3; 03-31-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 AM

I know that is no way to tell. I am going to put what i got out of the tank full. I haven't put any more in since. I sat idling alto though also because i do a fair bit of waiting. I travel ferries and pick people up from them. So i would get better results just straight driving. I have 384km on it and still above a quarter tank.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:52 PM

I get almost 500 kms on a tank.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Default tankathon!

i once drove 400 miles till the low fuel light came on,could have made 440??
i was 30 miles from home,didnt have the guts to try it!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 AM

Once the light came on so i reset the trip odo. Just to see and went another 60 kms. Without running out ran out the next day on my way to fill up tho. Lol. Most vehicles are made to go the extra 40 kms after the idiot light comes on.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 AM

I get 15.5mpg all HWY-(2006 H3).. That is with rancho 4in, 35in tires,PCM tune and Airdoc to help/hinder..
I used to get much less but took the roof rack off..

Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
That fuel does a hummer good (same so with any vehicle)! I also use Shell, only available top tier fuel around me.. Some people "eat healthy", ....... My H3 "drinks healthy"!

There is a noticeable difference in drivability and fuel mileage using Shell over everything else in my area, including Mobil. I try to stick with Shell if possible.

Quick Reply: Fuel Mileage